Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #1

Angry Replacing a Thetford toilet

Went to order some parts for my Thetford Aria electric toilet. Got talked into buying a Dometic Revolution 320 cheaper than parts for the Aria. the slots in the floor flange don't line up for the new toilet. Was told old flange should just screw off, mine doesn't seem to turn. What are the chances Monaco glued the flange to the pipe in the black water tank. Anyone ever made this swap or will I have to back up and overhaul the old electric one. Its in a 2002 Diplomat.
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2014, 05:33 AM   #2

Bob, I have a 2001 Diplomat PBD & it has this Aria toilet. I looked into doing the replacement and my toilet flange is not threaded it is glued to the black pipe. As I recall mine is a straight drop into the black tank. I don't recall anything that appeared to be threaded construction. Mine is a 40' and the plastic cover that has the propane electric switch can be removed & you can see how mine is assembled. I bought the new electric mechanism for my toilet & it has worked well since then. Good luck, George 2001 Diplomat PBD
Old 11-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hello - I have a 2002 Windsor and the flange is glued to the down pipe (ABS). In addition, I found that the flange was set too high and I had to make a spacer to set the toilet to the right height.

Also, my Aria does not attach to the flange (other than the gasket). The toilet is held down with lag screws 'outside' the flange.

Alan
str8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #4

Yes on mine they were glued together also. As George said once you access the area behind the LP gas switch it becomes a fairly simple job. In my case apparently they messed up on cutting the hole and made it to big. They had a spacer ring that I couldn't reuse but I found a item at Lowes that was made for that purpose.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I rebuilt my Aria toilet, not a big deal but expensive however the new control board seems to be better. When I took my toilet out and then put it back it I found that the water supply was difficult to reconnect due to the confined space, it kept leaking, tried several times and finally went to Lowes and got a short flexible wire braided supply line that is sold in the plumbing section. I put a loop in it to provide flexibility and it was easier to hook up and didn't/hasn't leaked in 2 years.

Good luck.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrob View Post
Went to order some parts for my Thetford Aria electric toilet. Got talked into buying a Dometic Revolution 320 cheaper than parts for the Aria. the slots in the floor flange don't line up for the new toilet. Was told old flange should just screw off, mine doesn't seem to turn. What are the chances Monaco glued the flange to the pipe in the black water tank. Anyone ever made this swap or will I have to back up and overhaul the old electric one. Its in a 2002 Diplomat.

I had ours replaced and you have it all correct. The flange is too tall for the new stool. I found there is a platform spacer that is made just for that purpose but it is not a cheap fix. Something like $70. I still had to get some plastic shims as my floor was not smooth enough the stool wouldn't rock. I love the fact my valve does not stay open on occasion now and the new doesn't wake up the neighbors when I use it like the electric one did. Sounded like a Gleaner combine!

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD

Tags
ford