RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #1

Replacing Radiator Hoses

Does anyone have a good place to buy radiator hoses for my Windsor?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #2

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
NAPA Has always had what I needed.
I take in the old hoses and they match.
Big rig dealerships the same usually.

HJLowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on NAPA
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #4

Someone posted this link a day or so ago where you can put in your coach and
it will show the hoses for your coach .
However when I put in an 04 Windsor it tells me the hoses are 2 1/4 inch
but I thought they were 2 inch , guess I'll have to measure my hoses .

http://www.daycoproducts.com/parts?c...cription=12669

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:44 PM   #5

I'll take those part numbers and my old hoses to NAPA in the morning. My hoses are 2 1/4". Surprised me too. I thought they were 2". I'll see what happens. I drained and flushed out all the green coolant today. Very time consuming! I'll be replacing it with Peak Final Charge "Oat" along with a new thermostat. A couple hoses are a little hard to get to, but shouldn't be to much trouble. My body doesn't contort in tight places as much as it could when I was younger. Thanks for the input!
Old 03-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #6

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco Wolfy View Post
I'll take those part numbers and my old hoses to NAPA in the morning. My hoses are 2 1/4". Surprised me too. I thought they were 2". I'll see what happens. I drained and flushed out all the green coolant today. Very time consuming! I'll be replacing it with Peak Final Charge "Oat" along with a new thermostat. A couple hoses are a little hard to get to, but shouldn't be to much trouble. My body doesn't contort in tight places as much as it could when I was younger. Thanks for the input!
So did you find what you needed Wolfy ?
Thanks
HJLowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #7

I went to NAPA. Their computer wasn't much help. It only looks up according to year, make and model. So then they pulled out the books, leaving me to figure it out. They weren't very helpful. The main hoses are 2 1/4". It wasn't to hard to figure out that the big, lower radiator hose was going to be a problem for them. I checked with Auto zone too. They handle Dayco hoses, but couldn't get one long enough for the lower radiator hose.

After going home, I called Monaco. They told me that all the hoses on my rig were "Gates" brand. So they were able to give me the part numbers. As soon as I came home I jumped online looking without much luck at Gates corporate website. So I called them and talked to Bill. He was very helpful. He said that all the part numbers from Monaco were obsolete and not in their system anymore. He emailed me a download of all their hoses. I was able to figure it out from there, I hope. Gates doesn't sell to the public. I was able to search out the part numbers on google without any trouble. Bill said he receives many calls every week from shops looking for diesel pusher hoses.

Amazon had the main hoses needed and are now being shipped. One hose from the radiator upper hose to the reservoir tank is more heavy duty. Maybe because it's so long, 43". Gates recommended I call Motion Industries for that one. He said that hose is used on heavy equipment mostly. I'm guessing that Monaco had a reason for such a heavy duty hose. I'm not going to question their thinking and will replace with the same. I caught Motion Industries on Friday, just before closing. They will research it on Monday and call me back.

Removing the old hoses, most were easy to get to, with the exception of two that are very hard to reach, but do able. I flushed the system four times before I was satisfied. Very time consuming. I'm glad I'm doing it myself. I doubt that a shop would flush it out that well.

If it all works out, later in the week, I'll post the part numbers used.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #8

Looking forward to your post with hose info.
AdmiralRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #9

The exact replacement hoses probably wont be available .
Finding a hose of the proper diameter but longer seems to be what most people use
A longer hose allows you to cut it to the need length .
Here is a thread from a few days ago that may help .

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/radi...uy-433116.html
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #10

Ditto Napa
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #11

I spent the day installing every coolant hose on the Windsor. I'm sure glad it warmed up to 78 degrees today. It made the job a lot more comfortable. I bought all the hoses on Amazon. It took some time to figure out what part numbers to buy. To anyone wanting to do the same, here's the part numbers. It will save to a lot of researching time.

Two of the hoses "Gates #21418" had to be cut into three pieces each. Out of those two hoses, you end up with 4 small straight pieces and two 90 degree elbows. Just enough out of both, so don't cut any one piece to long or you won't have enough.

One "Gates #20401" is the large elbow needed on the front, lower radiator. No cutting needed for that one.

One "Gates # 24920" connects to the reservoir tank.

I bought the "thermostat is Cummins. Part#5284903"

The plain coolant filter, without additive is "Fleet guard # WF2077"

The job wasn't all that difficult, but it was very time consuming.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #12

Thanks for the info. Getting ready to start on my Diplomat.

Thanks,
Don
AdmiralRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:55 AM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I used to use NAPA all the time and I'm an Amazon Prime user. Both have been good in the past. But currently I am finding that Rock Auto: www.rockauto.com has better pricing. This is where I have purchased all of my parts for resurrecting a 1992 Holiday Rambler Imperial 35'. There was one exception - I purchased front calipers from O'Reilly Auto Parts locally when my calipers started to not release.

When ordering parts at Rock Auto, they understand "P30" and most of the time if there is a difference in part choices based on application of the P30 chassis, they will designate "for MH" (motorhome).

Brian
1992 35' Holiday Rambler Imperial
1991 P30 454 Chevy Chassis
Bcail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #14

AdmiralRV,

Please note that my Windsor is a side radiator and your hoses will be different for a diplomat rear radiator application. I still believe I would look at Gates hoses first. You will have to measure all your hoses. When looking at hose charts, the length of the hoses are a centerline measurement, if that helps you any.

Good luck

Tags
radiator