Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #1

Report on new to us Dynasty

Hello All, Well we picked up my new to us 36' 2001 Dynasty and it has been very good. We have been on a Shake down cruise and have encountered a few problems some caused by the PO and others by Service Techs. At start after our first night the batteries required Seven Gallons of Distilled Water. Might be a record at least for us (5th MH). The batteries have been working well since. At a Camper World in Indy we had our Oil Changed ( at least we thought we did). After the service was done and paid for we checked the oil level etc. The Engine level was correct but the oil was black as coal, the unit was only driven from the service Bay to the Parking Lot, the generator oil was
also black. When we checked the Genset Filter it still had a fine coating of dust no finger marks etc and was down a quart. The service manager came out to check and agreed that the filter was not touched he said Diesel oil gets Dirty very quickly (2 mins Gen run?). A driver was sent out to return the Unit to the Service Bay. When the Generator was slid in the Filter cover door was left open causing it to bend like a pretzel, we need a new one now (minor problem ).
Tech said he just forgot the filter, he replaced the filter and added a Quart of oil, interesting the added quart lightened up the Black oil even after it was run for 5 minutes? We returned to the Parking area. Upon checking and crawling underneath, none of the Grease Fittings had been touched, one of the items that we specifically asked about.
Upon Complaints to the Service Manager we were given a full Refund.
We are now in Elkhart,ID, tried to get a service done at Cummins but they are closed for Inventory til Monday.
Barrier
Barrier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
And they wonder why they are having problems losing customers , I think you should send this report to their Corp. office. You might want to do what I do and do it your self.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Barrier2..I would also like to welcome you to iRV2 and the Monaco Forum!

Thank you for such an informative first post. I wish you much better luck with Cummins...I am sure you will receive much better service there.

Again -Welcome to the forum...we hope you visit & post often!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #4

Barrier,

Congratulations on your new ride. I would not want to discourage you from having service at Cummins. It might be good to have those guys look things over for your first service. CW has a very checkered service record for diesel work. Many long time owners of diesel pushers use Speedco for lube/oil/filter service.

Steve O
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
It's Really hard these days to find someone You can Trust, I had oil change at Cummins In Dallas, After they Drove it out to there parking lot I Checked OIL before leaving, FOUND LEVEL BELOW ADD MARK, When I advised Service Manager, He stated I needed to Have My Dipstick RECALABRATED, I hit The ROOF, & After MUCH Confrontation, The service Tech admitted He did not put in enough Oil. ALWAYS CHECK OIL LEVELS.
Then I Had Coach at Cummins In Minnesota & Before leaving I had Service Manager obtain Oil & Filter for My ONAN Gen as I change Oil NOW Myself, When I got home & drained Oil from Genny, I found They had given Me wrong Filter, Had to make quick trip to NAPA.
WHO CAN YOU TRUST?????
Not Like the OLD Days, HUH?

Enjoy Your NEW RIDE!!!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #6

New to us Dynasty

Thanks for all the comments. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Elkhart Cummins or the Harrisburg Cummins? Where are Speedcos located,are they near any of the Fuel stops?
I stopped at a couple of of truck services but they would not work on MHs.
Normally I do work myself I just believe that since I was not aware of the service history and we are still on the road a LOF was in order.
Barrier
Old 10-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #7

Here is the website for Speedco -- www.speedco.com. It gives you information about the company and lists locations.
pdiddley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #8

New to us Dynasty

Hello All, We had our service done at the Cummins Elkhart location and are very pleased. They were very thorough and knowledgeable about our Monaco. The service Tech indicated that the Lubrication and Oil were not done at Camping World of Indy as they were supposed to have been. This was FRAUD and THEFT despite the fact that they refunded the charges after being confronted with the truth.
The Coach worked very well and we are pleased with it. Trying to learn the way the systems work has been daunting. A true learning experience.
Barrier
We did have a very scary experience which will be posted under another thread.