Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Residential Fridge

Hi Everyone need help our fridge moves forward when big slide comes in it shows scratch marks on side of fridge I know this is NOT normal how is the Fridge secured??? any help is welcome
George

2013 Monaco Monarch 33 SFS
Fridge Frigidaire
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I happen to notice on my Entegra there is a piece if angle iron at the top of the fridge screwed into the cabinet above
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #3

George
A friend with sob coach called the manufacturer to determine how his residential fridge was secured in his slide as he needed to pull it out to install an ice maker. Manufacturer advised that other than the strap to keep the doors from opening, the fridge was not secured at all!
Don't know how common that is among manufacturers, but I would secure that fridge top and bottom.
Frank W.
flynnwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
My fridge has webbing straps located in the back compartment. Can't move. Check to see if your's is tight.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi RWeigant I did check the back of my Fridge and see the Straps thy look like seatbelt straps would you know how to tighten them??
George
Thanks to all for your respones
Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Don't know. Are they loose? If a little you could add a wood wedge between the strap and fridge. There must be a way. Mine are very tight.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't know about Monaco's, but the residential fridge in my Winnebago has metal brackets on the top front and bottom front both. Easy to remove then.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:07 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Hi Everyone need help our fridge moves forward when big slide comes in it shows scratch marks on side of fridge I know this is NOT normal how is the Fridge secured??? any help is welcome
George
I just had a Samsung RF197 installed in the full wall slide of my 2007 Diplomat SFT. After removing the Norcold, they secured a thick sheet of plywood to the floor as a "platform" for the new refer. Then they bolted the back of the refer to the platform with "L" brackets.

Because the slide goes through different angles as it comes in, the top of the refer moved a bit when slide was coming in. So they added two more brackets in the back about 24 inches above the floor. That stabilized it a lot. If the refer is in a long slide that drops down to floor level when fully extended, there will be a small amount of movement at the top when the slide comes in. In a very large slide (like we both have) I don't think there is any way to avoid that, but the movement should not be excessive if it is secured well at the bottom.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
HI Robin M I checked my Fridge today the Straps are loose there is no way I can tighten them when the big slide out is IN THERE IS A LOT OF MOVEMENT ON TOP at least 2 inches top of Fridge no bracket cant attach anything no room. I BELEAVE the Fridge is not all the way in I will remove the back stop braces and see if I can move Fridge back a little the front of Fridge sits on the edge of the sliding floor if you step on it the Fridge moves also
George
Will call Monaco Tech tomorrow for help
Old 04-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
From what you've written, I would agree that the refer is probably not all the way in. It should not be right at the edge of the sliding floor on the bottom. If you remove the outside access cover, the refer should be almost touching the side of the inside wall of the coach - not more than an inch of space anyway. Also, FWIW, there are no straps on mine - just the four L-brackets I mentioned.

I'd take it back to the dealer and ask them to put it in correctly.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Robin my fridge is about 3 inches from the edge of floor I did remove outside cover what I see Robin is Plywood spacer or STOP thy are 5 inches wide so my fridge is not installed properly there are 2 straps to hold it in place but very loose.
Robin when slide is out I see a rubber seal 3 inches wide it goes up one side across the top of slide down to the other side when slide is "IN " THERE IS A SPACE OF 1 inch or so do you have a seal like that?? my slide is NOT FLUCH with the Coach Wall
Thanks
George
Old 04-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
No, I do not have a seal like the one you describe. My Samsung refer was installed aftermarket replacing a Norcold 1210 that came with the coach. I insisted that they put it as far back as possible during the installation.

Even though we both have full wall slides, our coaches are quite different, so the installation may be different as well. My recommendation would be to take it back to the dealer, show them what is happening, and have them fix it to your satisfaction.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Robin Thanks for all your help and feedback
Coach has to go back to the Dealer
George

Tags
fridge