Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Currently in Texas until COVID subsides and we feel more comfortable traveling.
Residential fridge installer in Texas

We've been nursing our Dometic 1402 hoping to make it to Elite in Oregon next summer. But, it looks like it will be more imminent. Any suggestions for a quality installer in Texas? For the next 2 weeks I am in Dallas, then back in Houston until spring. A nearby installer would be nice but not required.

Any suggestions as to make/model of fridge would be helpful as well.

John
2009 Monaco Camelot 42KFQ
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Wife loves our Samsung hf18. Replaced our Dometic 1402 with it . Lost a very small drawer below, but it fit right it. Takes lots of measurements to make sure it will fit right.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #3

I just ordered a whirlpool wrt316sfd for ours. There's a hydro hot zone heater and draws under our frig, didn't want to loose the draw space so went with the shorter unit.
bamarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamarider View Post
I just ordered a whirlpool wrt316sfd for ours. There's a hydro hot zone heater and draws under our frig, didn't want to loose the draw space so went with the shorter unit.
The wrt316 whirlpool fridge is the one I installed in my Neptune this past summer. It fit great and works really well.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCamelot View Post
...then back in Houston until spring. A nearby installer would be nice but not required.
I was thinking about having West RV in Livingston change mine out next year.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #6

Quote:
We've been nursing our Dometic 1402 hoping to make it to Elite in Oregon next summer. But, it looks like it will be more imminent. Any suggestions for a quality installer in Texas? For the next 2 weeks I am in Dallas, then back in Houston until spring. A nearby installer would be nice but not required.

John

JohnC. The 1492 giving up the ship? I like ours thinking the retrofit in Qtz in January.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 11-29-2016, 12:12 AM   #7

In the Dallas area, call Blue Moon Mobile RV Service. In San Antonio check with Iron Horse RV. Have used both companies, was very pleased with the service from both. However the work both performed on my coach was not refrigerator install related. Blue Moon does have a shop you can take your rig to. Not familiar with any shops in Houston area.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:11 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Why not swap ot the cooling unit with one from rvcooling warehouse ...i had a norcold rm1200 and cooling unit was suspect. Replaced the cooling unit and have 0 degrees in the freezer and 38 in the fridge and thats at 95 d egrees ambient, no mods to the cabinet...well datisfied customer of dave force.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
Why not swap ot the cooling unit with one from rvcooling warehouse ...i had a norcold rm1200 and cooling unit was suspect. Replaced the cooling unit and have 0 degrees in the freezer and 38 in the fridge and thats at 95 d egrees ambient, no mods to the cabinet...well datisfied customer of dave force.

You think they would have same parts for Dometic 1402?

Old 11-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Quote:

John
Cutting Edge RV did mine, they are in Baytown.
Rv Service Parts And Supplies, Mobile Rv Repair Service - Cutting Edge Rv Service - Baytown, Tx
They installed mine in 2005 40PLQ Knight.
I am pleased with their service and THRILLED with the Samsung. But, measure measure measure and talk to them about the fit. I believe the "new" Samsungs for sale are an inch taller than what I had installed a few years back. I had the Samsung delivered to them and in about a week they had it complete. Keep an eye on the sales from Lowes and Home Depot as you can save a few hundred bucks grabbing one on sale.
Overall it wasn't the cheapest project of course but if you plan to keep the rv or use it a lot it is a worthwhile upgrade.
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Camper Capital in Garland was always my go-to folks when i lived there.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
John Camelot -- If you come to Gilbert, I`ll help you install your frig -- I replaced our 1402 about 3 years ago with a Samsung -- I did the work myself -- It`s not that big of a chore -- I removed a side window & my brother in law, who has a fork lift with extended forks, removed the 1402 & put the Samsung thru the window -- Took about an hour -- The Samsung was almost an exact fit -- Had to remove the bottom drawer, but cabinet work was very little -- Have a paved back yard & shop -- I do this type work as a hobby, & not as a business -- Notice I said Help you install the frig -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
You think they would have same parts for Dometic 1402?

Apparently they make a Amish cooling unit for the 1402, but it's suposedly a difficult install.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Here`s our Samsung -- The modified sine wave inverter worked OK, but I did replace it -- It had an open ground, & cost to much to have it repaired -- Bill Willard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	145669  
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, install, texas