Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2017, 06:39 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
My brother is a cabinet builder. He makes that same thing out of corian. Doubles as a hot plate when not in use
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
digNbubbs , I like the idea of bolts up through the floor. Do you remember what size/thread the bolts were?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
digNbubbs , I like the idea of bolts up through the floor. Do you remember what size/thread the bolts were?
Unfortunately, I don't remember the size. I took one of the adjustable feet with me to Home Depot and sized it up. I ran it up through the aluminum plate, installed a jam nut, then another jam nut, and then up thought the threaded hole where the adjustable foot was. It is very solid.

For the rear, I accessed the fridge through the outsize vent, drilled through the base of the fridge, through the aluminum plate. I then ran a bolt through to secure the rear.

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
My Norcold is 66 inches tall, how are you guys gettiing a 70.9" fridge in that space?
Old 07-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
I'm cutting 2" from the top trim piece, and lowering the existing refrigerator shelf/floor 5".

For all you that have completed this, did you make a new refrigerator shelf/floor, or reuse the original one?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #48

My RF 18 comes this Monday. I'm taking out a "nevercold" . (I hate sofe ice cream :>) I do have a question about mounting it to the floor. My frig is in a kitchen slide and I'm not sure I have access to the underside of the flooring. Any suggestions. HR Presidential Suite 37 SKQ

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #49

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by digNbubbs View Post
I did the RF18 install a couple months back. Kept the wheels on, did not secure the top of the fridge. I removed the two adjustable feet in the front and ran bolts through those openings. I drilled one hole in the rear bottom, so I have three connection points. Not going anywhere.

Here is my install photos - Motorhome Residential Refrigerator Install - Album on Imgur

For the door lock, I made an easy slip-in lock that holds the doors securely.
Much nicer than my block of scrap plywood that I use on my Jenn Air double door refer. First trip out the doors came open three times and we had to stop and clean up the broken glass.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #50

You probably can anchor it down with bolts up through the floor with slide out ..
upsman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #51

GE Fridge for shorter fridge replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
My Norcold is 66 inches tall, how are you guys gettiing a 70.9" fridge in that space?
I went with a GE 16 cu ft unit (GTE16GTHBB). I have a furnace under the Fridge that woul only allow me to lower the floor 2" max. The GE fit on the existing floor without mods. I did have to take out the 2" filler at the top. I am using metal perforated plumbers tape to secure it for now for trip at the end of next week. Fridge has about 1" clearance at the top and 5" to one side that will be used as a broom closet. Removed the NorCold throught the door and brought the GE back in the same way after removing the doors on the fridges. The GE weighs 166# according to the spec sheet, lighter than the NorCold. GE is 64 3/4" tall, 28" wide, 25 3/4" deep with doors removed, 31 1/2" deep including handles. Plan to finish the install this weekend.

This is in a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40'
Eagle2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Last night I did some research and found an 18 cu ft that will fit almost perfectly.

Frigidaire 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator in Black-FFHT1821QB - The Home Depot

I will just need the ice maker kit and I'm set.
Is that going to go through the door?
Old 07-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2mo View Post
I went with a GE 16 cu ft unit (GTE16GTHBB). I have a furnace under the Fridge that woul only allow me to lower the floor 2" max. The GE fit on the existing floor without mods. I did have to take out the 2" filler at the top. I am using metal perforated plumbers tape to secure it for now for trip at the end of next week. Fridge has about 1" clearance at the top and 5" to one side that will be used as a broom closet. Removed the NorCold throught the door and brought the GE back in the same way after removing the doors on the fridges. The GE weighs 166# according to the spec sheet, lighter than the NorCold. GE is 64 3/4" tall, 28" wide, 25 3/4" deep with doors removed, 31 1/2" deep including handles. Plan to finish the install this weekend.

This is in a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40'
So the 25 3/4" is narrow enough to get through the door?
Old 07-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I, too, lowered the shelf and removed the top trim piece. My furnace specs said I just needed 1/2" clearance on top of the furnace, so I lowered the new shelf to about that. I also removed the top wood trim, and framed in a new piece of wood. You can pretty much see that here -

Old 07-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
In this picture, you can see the original configuration of the shelf above the furnace. That came down much lower, with a much sturdier support built to hold the fridge.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by digNbubbs View Post
I, too, lowered the shelf and removed the top trim piece. My furnace specs said I just needed 1/2" clearance on top of the furnace, so I lowered the new shelf to about that. I also removed the top wood trim, and framed in a new piece of wood. You can pretty much see that here -

Thanks for the picture. I looked through the heater vent and it looked mostly empty for the first few inches under the fridge.

Tags
fridge, upgrade