Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2021, 04:00 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Reverse engineer the Aladdin jr.

Does anyone have the pinout for the 25 pin connector coming from the Aladdin jr. converter to the Voyager monitor.
Thanks to others I've been able to verify the Aladdin side of things works by using the RCA video cable at the Video output #1. I suspect the camera video is output on 2-4. The voyager gets the cam video from the 25 pin connector. I'd like to know which pins the triggers are on. (turn signal, reverse)

The aladdin jr. is differnt from the aladdin. There seems to be a bunch of info on the aladdin.

My system worked correctly until the monitor went out last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210301_172743~2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	319804  
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The Aladdin Jr is a subset of the full Aladdin system.
Attached is the Aladdin Troubleshooting and Calibration Guide.
Hope you get it going again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aladdin Troubleshooting.pdf (814.3 KB, 5 views)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
The Aladdin Jr is a subset of the full Aladdin system.
Attached is the Aladdin Troubleshooting and Calibration Guide.
Hope you get it going again.

My Aladdin box looks like outputs 1-4 all have the engine data. I'm going to send that to a separate monitor.
I ordered some voyager to RCA adapters. Gonna use a cheap 9 inch split screen monitor that accepts triggers for the cameras.
Do you know if all of the video from the cameras go to one input on the Aladdin box? That's what it looks like to me. I guess I'll hook it to a monitor and see what's there.
I think I can do it all for under 200.
I can spend the extra money on the stereo headset!
Old 03-02-2021, 03:52 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Let us know how it works out.

My Voyager monitor is on it's last legs !
Old 03-03-2021, 04:02 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Let us know how it works out.

My Voyager monitor is on it's last legs !
I absolutely will. For now it's starting to look like the Aladdin system monitor box is only used for the two data busses. The Voyager monitor takes care of the rear and side cameras all by itself. For some reason I thought they were integrated.
My cheap monitor will not have the ability to move the rear camera up and down so if that's important I'll have to find the signal and see if switch could do the job.

I took the dash board panel off to start all of this. As it turns out theres an access panel right above the dash that gives access to the Aladdin box. That makes it really easy to grab the engine data from the Aladdin and send to separte monitor.

If I bought the right Voyager to RCA adapter from rvcams.com than I could be done this weekend.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post

If I bought the right Voyager to RCA adapter from rvcams.com than I could be done this weekend.
I almost bought a new 'Y' harness from them after reading here that this cable goes bad, and can cause intermittent monitor issues, so I was going to take a chance. When I put it in the cart, they wanted more to ship it here to Canada, than the harness cost !
Old 03-03-2021, 10:49 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
I absolutely will. For now it's starting to look like the Aladdin system monitor box is only used for the two data busses. The Voyager monitor takes care of the rear and side cameras all by itself. For some reason I thought they were integrated.
My cheap monitor will not have the ability to move the rear camera up and down so if that's important I'll have to find the signal and see if switch could do the job.

I took the dash board panel off to start all of this. As it turns out theres an access panel right above the dash that gives access to the Aladdin box. That makes it really easy to grab the engine data from the Aladdin and send to separte monitor.

Here's also something to think about. Aladdin parts are hard to come by. They went BK quite a few years ago. As long as it's working, great, but when/if it dies, it's a pain to track down parts.

If you were to do something like a BlueFire to access your engine and tranny data, (should be easily available up by the drivers seat) you could have a separate monitor for all the cameras.

I'm kinda moving in that direction. I just want a plan if my aladdin JR dies.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Here's also something to think about. Aladdin parts are hard to come by. They went BK quite a few years ago. As long as it's working, great, but when/if it dies, it's a pain to track down parts.

If you were to do something like a BlueFire to access your engine and tranny data, (should be easily available up by the drivers seat) you could have a separate monitor for all the cameras.

I'm kinda moving in that direction. I just want a plan if my aladdin JR dies.
For now the Aladdin is getting it's own monitor that will go over by the shift control for the Allison.

My bigger project is getting the cameras to work. I would at least like the rear camera to work but the sides should as well.
I'm thinking I'll need to power the cameras as that was coming from the voyager.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I did the easy part today. I installed a 7" amazon monitor for the Aladdin info.
It's in my sight line and it's quite clear with the info there 100% of the time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210304_172409~2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	320098  
Old 03-04-2021, 06:51 PM   #10

OKCNEWIE care to share your procedure installing the monitor. 2005 Monaco Knight has a bad place to see monitor.
Jim McElwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:44 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McElwee View Post
OKCNEWIE care to share your procedure installing the monitor. 2005 Monaco Knight has a bad place to see monitor.
You bet. I'll take some pictures. In my case the Aladdin box is in the dash right under an access panel. All four video outputs (RCA) from the Aladdin box are the blue screen engine data. I just used one of them and ran it to the 3.5mm AV port on monitor. Believe it or not some monitors use a different part of the 3.5mm plug. If the yellow RCA doesn't work try the red and white one. The white one worked for this monitor/cable. I ran the power and video cables in the small opening between the dash board and the pillar. No drilling or permanent changes made. I used a fused Acc. power line that was going to a lube pump I'll never use. I took a test drive last night and love where the new monitor is.
Today I'll be removing the panel again to work on the cameras and new monitor for them. For now I'm trying to use the original cameras and triggers. I'd like to be able to move the rear camera up and down if I can figure out a way to install a switch.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Finished installing the voyager replacement

If your old voyager is the AOM7694...

To get the three cameras to work with the average TFT monitor from amazon you'll need.

1. Split screen monitor that accepts at least 3 cams and has triggers if you want them.
2. Two 31300006 adapters from rvcams.com. They are voyager camera to male RCA adapters for the side cameras.
3. The rear camera looks like it's S-video but it's not. If you want the tilt than you'll probably want to get a cable the rvcams.com has. Ask Tim. It's not on the website yet. It costs about 45 dollars. I included a pic. I haven't rec'd this adapter yet so I don't have rear camera yet. I'll update after it's rec'd/ installed.

Here is the monitor that I used for the cams. It's 9 inches or so. I used the 7 inch for the Aladdin info.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210306_175741.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	320344   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_184628.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	320345  

Name:	image002.png
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	320346   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210305_083840.jpg
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	320347  

Old 03-06-2021, 06:53 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Heres a pic of the Aladdin box and how easy it is to get at on my DP.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210305_083827.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	320349  

Tags
engine