Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
Mike, I think you should have half a dozen ready for QZ. Of course you would owe Jim a licensing fee!
Or, now that Jim is retired, he could make up a batch. I would be all over that, the buying end that is. Then you would only have 5 to sell.

Maybe I need to take a ride down to my favorite hardware store and pick up a few things?
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo66 View Post
Maybe I need to take a ride down to my favorite hardware store and pick up a few things?
Jim,

A friend wanted information on your Automatic Latches for the RF-18 so I pointed him to this link and scanned the instructions you sent me to a PDF file.

Thought you and others my be interested in your instructions in PDF form so uploading them here.

Thanks for this project. We love it and would hate to go back to any of the other methods that require you to manually secure the doors for travel. People are always gloating on their personnel methods of remembering to secure the doors but they don't have a wife like mine who comes along behind you and refills her drink without replacing what ever the gadget is. Love this mod. Oh, I already said that.

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019_07_11_Automatic latches on Samsung RF_18.pdf (1.93 MB, 38 views)
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
I agree. This is a great upgrade to the Samsung RF18. Just finished a 7000 mile trip through the US and Canada. Not once did the fridge doors come open.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:01 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=zo66;3974283]
Quote:
Revised video showing automatic door catch operation
Hey Mike,
Glad it is working out for you and Wanda...one less thing to try to remember to do!

Hey Bob,
Thanks for the kind words, It means a lot coming from really sharp people like you and Mike.

Oh, and thanks for posting the install information, I should have thought of that a long time ago! Hopefully the information will help out some more people in this amazing group that have the Samsung Residential Refrigerators and less than perfect memories....like me. No more, "I forgot to latch the fridge doors again!"

You just gave me the idea to attach post #22 from page 2, that is a short 13 second video showing the automatic operation of the refrigerator door catch set up.

Hope this helps,

Jim
Old 07-12-2019, 04:08 AM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes View Post
I agree. This is a great upgrade to the Samsung RF18. Just finished a 7000 mile trip through the US and Canada. Not once did the fridge doors come open.
Mike,

It was great to meet you and Wanda at the MS-419. Did you miss the earthquake. We noticed the epicenter was not far from your home.

Bob
Old 07-12-2019, 04:09 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=zo66;4860533]
Quote:

Hey Mike,
Glad it is working out for you and Wanda...one less thing to try to remember to do!

Hey Bob,
Thanks for the kind words, It means a lot coming from really sharp people like you and Mike.

Oh, and thanks for posting the install information, I should have thought of that a long time ago! Hopefully the information will help out some more people in this amazing group that have the Samsung Residential Refrigerators and less than perfect memories....like me. No more, "I forgot to latch the fridge doors again!"

You just gave me the idea to attach post #22 from page 2, that is a short 13 second video showing the automatic operation of the refrigerator door catch set up.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim,

That is a good ideal.

Bob
Old 07-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
The earthquake was quite a ride. Second one was 7.3 on the scale.
Lasted for almost a minute. No damage. Smooth rolling quake.
Not a shaking one.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:56 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes View Post
The earthquake was quite a ride. Second one was 7.3 on the scale.
Lasted for almost a minute. No damage. Smooth rolling quake.
Not a shaking one.
Glad you did not have any damage. In the military one of the places I was stationed was Clark Air Base in the Philippines. We had about three earthquakes there and I remember feeling helpless.

Bob
Old 07-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Bob,

It was great meeting you folks as well. Always nice to put a face to a name.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Jim,

Very elegant solution! I'm just now changing out my Norcold to a Samsung RF18 and will be using your solution! Unless you sell them, in which case I'd just buy the kit from you. You have thought of that, right? ;-)

Scotty
Smhutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smhutto View Post
Jim,

Very elegant solution! I'm just now changing out my Norcold to a Samsung RF18 and will be using your solution! Unless you sell them, in which case I'd just buy the kit from you. You have thought of that, right? ;-)

Scotty
Smhutto,

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I have had my setup for about two years, and it just works....actually forgot that it was there because the operation is seamless. 'Set it , and Forget it" is one way to sum it up.

Several of the guys on the forum have them now and it is actually quite rewarding to get feedback on their experiences. It's a good feeling to be able to help out some of the amazing people on this forum that have shared their really cleaver ideas on how to make the Monaco motor home better in so many ways.

Jim

PM me if you get time
Old 07-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CoolZ71 View Post
Fridge fixer holds the doors great on my RF18

https://www.recubed.solutions
Just a quick call-out for this company. Their product is awesome and their service even better. Such an elegant solution at a very low cost. It sure addressed one of my pain points head-on.

I recommend the Fridge Fixer without hesitation.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
My Fridge Fixer broke in half on the second trip. Thought about calling them for a replacement but after reviewing Jims Passive Catch System decided to toss it.

No longer have to think about putting something on the fridge before we travel.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
I just replaced my norcold with a RF18 as well. I was going to go the fridge fixer route, but when I went on line a month or so ago, their web site said they were on a trip and wouldn't be able to ship for a few weeks. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately??) I couldn't wait. I had seen Jim's set up in Quartzsite a couple years ago and after digging up the pictures i had of his, i did the same thing. Thank you Jim!! After getting those installed I thought to myself this is 'stupid simple'. As long as you close the fridg/freezer doors, they are latched.

We've been on a few trips including a couple of dirt roads with no issues of doors flying open.

BTW, my neighbor just bought a new 2019 Tiffin. First thing I looked at was the residential fridge set up. Tiffin has done a very similar set up.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, door, install