Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #99

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gt350 View Post
Min voltage went to 99.2 volts and max voltage went to 133.2. Ahah? Nope the the compressor kept running and voltage stabilized at 125.5volts...
I looked and can't find if you said you were using a PSW or MSW inverter. Voltmeters display RMS AC voltage and do not work reliably with MSW waveforms...so if that is what you have, don't fret.

Finally, the RF-18 is an internal inverter powered reefer. It will run almost all of the time but on a variety of power levels. Slow compressor speed will dominate and it will sip current.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #100

Monaco Owners Club
I have a msw inverter and used a RMS meter which will work with that inverter. I have run the refer off of the inverter over night and the temp was at 40 and 1 degree this morning with the refer not running. So apparently the refer does shut down. A few minuets later the refer started again.

Jim
66gt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #101

Ford Super Duty Owner
Of course an RMS meter will display something on a MSW waveform, but it won't match the equivalent sine wave numbers.

As far as running all the time, have you ever seen it display other than 40 and -1?

How do you know it wasn't running? Did you measure current to the inverter or just listen?
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #102
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
When in “e saver” mode it turns off the warmers in the door edges. I have had my refer running for two days now in my driveway hooked up to shore power and passing thru the inverter and here is what I found. I have my old wireless digital thermometer monitoring the temps with it set for alarms and two occasions probably more it has risen above 41deg. I have the alarm set to that temp. I just went out this morning and the refer was at 38deg , BUT it at some point during the night about 8 hrs since I reset the monitor again has risen to 49deg. according to the monitor. I just reset the alarm and now I’m going to bring the temp monitor inside and hope I hear it go off if it rises again?
When in “e saver” mode it turns off the warmers in the door edges. I have had my refer running for two days now in my driveway hooked up to shore power and passing thru the inverter and here is what I found. I have my old wireless digital thermometer monitoring the temps with it set for alarms and two occasions probably more it has risen above 41deg. I have the alarm set to that temp. I just went out this morning and the refer was at 38deg , BUT it at some point during the night about 8 hrs since I reset the monitor again has risen to 49deg. according to the monitor. I just reset the alarm and now I’m going to bring the temp monitor inside and hope I hear it go off if it rises again?

You may not have a\enough Food (product) in both compartments to hold temperature during a defrost cycle. Refrigerator full of bread wont hold temp. During a defrost cycle the freezer air temp could easily climb to 40 or even 50 degree with no food and the fresh food compartment would go just as warm, cooling down to normal temps with in a hour or so when cooling only air. Using air temp as your guide only till part of the story on how your refrigerator is truly working.
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #103

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
That's a good point R&J. Actually I only have beer in there.... go figure.

Tags
cooling