RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ride Height adjusting Help 07 RR8R Diplomat

I have searched the forum and called Monaco and only have a sheet and description for an 06 RR8R which looks different than what I have. The instructions show an adjusting lock nut easly reached on the 06 model but on mine (see photo) the air exaust and supply is blocking access. The correct ride height for the 07 RR8R is 8 1/4 front and 9 1/4 rear as per Monaco. If this is not the ride height adjustment please let me know and I will go have a couple of beers....or I will do it anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride height 1.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	36263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride height 2.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	36264  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
That looks like the right rear valve and you will have one on the left and just one up front. Take a look at your front one first and you may get a better visual.

SAFETY FIRST: You can become a door mat if you are not careful so please be.

Now that said. On my rear ones they were so far off I had to move the connecting rod at the bottom attachment up or down. I don't remember which way but they were far to low and the adjustment did not have enough room.

I have an 08 HR and the valves look pretty close. I have a picture and will find some links on previous posts. Or do your own search on YC1 as the user and Ride Height as the search criteria. The instructions I got had something to do with loostening the nut on the face of the valve, readjusting, then using a pin to recenter the valve. No such thing on my valves. Basically all you do on mine is loosten adjusting nut on the face of the valve, move the valve until you get the height you want and tighten it down. If you run out of travel adjust the rod at the far end where it attaches to the axel.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
YC1

http://www.irv2.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4212065

Check some of these threads out.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had the RH adjusted a few years back and have been dragging the tail ever since. I took it in for an alignment last fall and had the RH done again, huge difference, it seem that the spec they used the first time wasn't for my coach. The front was about 1/2" high and the rear was almost a full inch low. Having driven it to California and back and around the east coast since I havn't drug the tail once. Also it now tracks down the road in an almost scary fashion, no mean fete since it has 100k on it! Getting the RH right is really important to the longivity of your U-joints.
Ron
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Having been through this on my TW make sure the ride height is measured at the
correct place, the way the factory states for your model and year unit.
I had two different truck shops do it the wrong way and the third time I provided
instruction so it was done right.
That little lesson cost me a few hundred dollars.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
From the pic's it appears the adjustment is done on the control rod where it attaches
to the axle.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
I have searched the forum and called Monaco and only have a sheet and description for an 06 RR8R which looks different than what I have. The instructions show an adjusting lock nut easly reached on the 06 model but on mine (see photo) the air exaust and supply is blocking access. The correct ride height for the 07 RR8R is 8 1/4 front and 9 1/4 rear as per Monaco. If this is not the ride height adjustment please let me know and I will go have a couple of beers....or I will do it anyway.
Yours ain't that old.
Can't you just call tech support for the proper specs. for your unit? I called Spartan for my '99 Dream and they rattled off the spec's. and procedure right over the phone. On mine the ride height is measured center to center of the shock eyes for the fronts. The rear is from the bottom of the frame rail to the center line of the drive axle. Because of the pinion angle the housing will be tilted, so........For the rear axle center line you measure to the front weld seam and and the same on the rear weld seam of the axle housing. Subtract the two measurements and divide by two to get the difference.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
YC1

Are these helpful? I have other years charts for anyone needing them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	36363   Click image for larger version

Name:	5a.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	36364  

Old 04-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILERKING View Post
Yours ain't that old.
Can't you just call tech support for the proper specs. for your unit? I called Spartan for my '99 Dream and they rattled off the spec's. and procedure right over the phone. On mine the ride height is measured center to center of the shock eyes for the fronts. The rear is from the bottom of the frame rail to the center line of the drive axle. Because of the pinion angle the housing will be tilted, so........For the rear axle center line you measure to the front weld seam and and the same on the rear weld seam of the axle housing. Subtract the two measurements and divide by two to get the difference.
I called Monaco and they gave me the ride height for the 2007 as 8 1/4 front and 9 1/4 rear.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Are these helpful? I have other years charts for anyone needing them.
Thanks for your help I appriciate it.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:50 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Just to followup, I adjusted my ride height to Monaco specs and it was easy. The only instruction sheet that I found was for a 2006 Monaco and when I looked at my ride height controls they were different. I found out what Haldex model they were and all went well.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
YC1

http://www.irv2.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4229907
Take a look at some of these and you may glean more information.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
http://www.irv2.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4229907
Take a look at some of these and you may glean more information.
I tried the link but it did not open.