RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Right forum for Holiday Rambler Navigator '11

Hey,

I'm not sure where I should post questions on a '11 Holiday Navigator...is this the right place or should I post somewhere else?

Mark

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
Hey,

I'm not sure where I should post questions on a '11 Holiday Navigator...is this the right place or should I post somewhere else?

Mark
Mark,

This would be a good spot. I'm sure many of us would be interested in info about at '11 Navigator. I was unaware that a Navigator was built during the Navistar ownership of Monaco/holiday Rambler.

Give us all the particulars.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #3

I've been spooling up on RV knowledge and was focusing on Country Coach Magnas (Rembrandts), when a dealer showed me a '11 Navigator that literally has almost every option offered, sans bathtub. I didn't even know these were made as recently as 'll!

Comes with a Cummins ISX 650 (A $22k option!), Stacked Maytag W&D ($13k), Adjustable shock system that I've never heard of ($2.7k) and both an air and hydraulic system ($4.45k). Oh, and upgraded to a 15k hitch. List price with options was $614+k, and it's got around 40k miles so it's clearly been driven and used (which is a good thing to me).

I'm trying to figure out what the CCC is on it, as we couldn't find any badge/sticker anywhere. Saw a Newmar '08 London Aire that was amazing, but had less than 1,000 CCC, which was a bad omen for me on how easily an axial could get overloaded. Can't seem to find any information at all except a sales brochure for '10, which it matches.

The only down side is that they didn't go for the king bed option, which is a bummer, but front salon has a huge jack knife bed along with a queen pull out with air mattress. I was a little surprised they were only running an Ownen (sp?) 10 with CC always runs a 12.5 generator...especially with three roof airs, heated floors throughout, and an all electric kitchen with dishwasher and Insta-hot. Not sure the gen can handle all that without being really maxed out. Batteries all all original, and some of the tallest ones I've ever seen! (Not AGM, either). Also, doesn't a 40 gallon Black Tank seem small on a 100 gallon fresh water tank?

I didn't do a detailed inspection, but curious how well built the coaches are. Layout is really nice, but I have no knowledge of what Spartan S chassis are like, and nothing seems to be mentioned in the Spartan site about them. Hoping they have disk brakes all around, but not clear.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Mark
Old 09-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
I've been spooling up on RV knowledge and was focusing on Country Coach Magnas (Rembrandts), when a dealer showed me a '11 Navigator that literally has almost every option offered, sans bathtub. I didn't even know these were made as recently as 'll!

Comes with a Cummins ISX 650 (A $22k option!), Stacked Maytag W&D ($13k), Adjustable shock system that I've never heard of ($2.7k) and both an air and hydraulic system ($4.45k). Oh, and upgraded to a 15k hitch. List price with options was $614+k, and it's got around 40k miles so it's clearly been driven and used (which is a good thing to me).

I'm trying to figure out what the CCC is on it, as we couldn't find any badge/sticker anywhere. Saw a Newmar '08 London Aire that was amazing, but had less than 1,000 CCC, which was a bad omen for me on how easily an axial could get overloaded. Can't seem to find any information at all except a sales brochure for '10, which it matches.

The only down side is that they didn't go for the king bed option, which is a bummer, but front salon has a huge jack knife bed along with a queen pull out with air mattress. I was a little surprised they were only running an Ownen (sp?) 10 with CC always runs a 12.5 generator...especially with three roof airs, heated floors throughout, and an all electric kitchen with dishwasher and Insta-hot. Not sure the gen can handle all that without being really maxed out. Batteries all all original, and some of the tallest ones I've ever seen! (Not AGM, either). Also, doesn't a 40 gallon Black Tank seem small on a 100 gallon fresh water tank?

I didn't do a detailed inspection, but curious how well built the coaches are. Layout is really nice, but I have no knowledge of what Spartan S chassis are like, and nothing seems to be mentioned in the Spartan site about them. Hoping they have disk brakes all around, but not clear.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Mark
If that coach is really titled as a 2011 model it is most likely the only one in existence. The S Series chassis is a Roadmaster not a Spartan. The Roadmaster is purpose built by Monaco and the S Series is their top of the line semi monocoque design. The HR Navigator is a close sibling of the Monaco Executive and just below the Signature. The axles are rated as follows:

Steer axle. 15,150
Drive axle. 23,000
Tag axle. 12,000

There would have been a sheet, most likely inside the big wardrobe on the street side which details the weights & CCC or NCC. If you call Monaco customer service with the coach number they can tell you if they consider it a '11 or a '10. They should be able to provide you a coach data sheet with all the equipment it was built with and model and series # of each. Should also have a weight sheet.

The Onan 10KW should be ok. The EMS systems have gotten pretty good at shedding loads and staggering starts. Monaco used those tank sizes for years. Actually the gray tank is more limiting than the black tank as the low water head is pretty good at utilizing the tank capacity.

These coaches are extremely well built and are among the best handling in the business. It does have disks on the steer and drive axles with drums on the tag axle.

You should investigate this coach further as it is most likely a real find.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #5

I not sure if I'm off or not but is this the coach you are looking at:

2011 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45, anaheim CA - 110806648 - RVTrader.com

It looks very nice of course in the pictures........but as everyone will tell you on the forum, your purchasing inspection should be detailed - even on a of this caliber.

Just saying....

Adam.
Adam Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #6

Yup, that's the one! And it really looks as nice in person as it does in the pictures. I got him to fax over the build sheet ~ $108,210 worth the options on a $505,080 base price. And the build sheet lists it as a 2011 Navigator Brookstone.

I'm trying to reach someone to discuss the CCC, as we can't find it anywhere in the coach.

Mark
Old 09-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #7

Hey Mark,

That is a nice unit.

Here is something I found interesting, In the Holiday Rambler archives I was able to find a brochure for the 2010 HR Navigator but not for the 2011 - YET, they do have a Owners manual for the 2011. Interesting!

These links should help;

http://www.holidayrambler.com/Static...0Navigator.pdf

http://www.holidayrambler.com/Static...igator_WEB.pdf

CCC won't be a issue with that coach even with extra options.

On a side note we can't get over the 1 fabric sofa, 1 leather sofa deal on the Monaco/Holiday Rambler products from that time frame. Looks like they did the same thing even with the Navigator.........Our 2008 Scepter has a nice chocolate Villa leather sofa and a really comfortable but ugly cloth J-knife sofa that is covered in "puke-pink" fabric - although HR calls the color "Cocoa". My wife and I finally have gotten so sick of the fabric we purchased 8 yards of matching ultraleather and are having the Villa J-knife Sofa reupholstered to match the other one. Cost $875.
I guess my point is, if you like the layout and its mechanically sound you can always change the inside to suit your tastes.

Adam

Adam Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, holiday rambler