Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #1

Road Master brk discharging every 50 seconds.

I have a 1999 Monaco Executive with a Road Master Chasis, every ~50 seconds there is a discharge from the breaking system. I don't have the manual so it's hard to find anything about it. This started happening the same time I had a high voltage problem. The high voltage problem has been fixed but the breaks are still discharging. I was hoping the high voltage (16.5) blew out a fuse or something simple like that. I think I have checked all of them thought. Does anyone have an idea of what this problem could be?

I will eventually take it in but I am very handy and will try to fix myself first.

BTW the high voltage issue was a bad isolator.

Thank you,
Greg
GregHensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It almost sounds like your unloader valve on the compressed air circuit is cycling to frequently. The unloader valve is part of the air dryer system, there is some electronics associated with this (at least on mine), your high voltage may have damaged something.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:39 AM   #3

Greg what you call high voltage at 16.5 is really not that high. In Racing we use 16 volt batteries on 12 volt systems and it doesn't seem to bother anything. The discharge of air is most likely coming from your air dryer unit. The air dryer receives a signal from the air system regulator to do this discharge at a preset pressure. So either the air dryer has failed or the regulator has failed. The regulators are normally under $50 and some model dryers you can get a rebuild kit.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:08 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does the coach maintain air pressure or does it drop quite a bit between each discharge? Could possibly be an air leak somewhere. Would have to be a pretty major one for it to cycle every 50 seconds.
TillRodsFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Greg you probably have a hell of a air leak when in the travel mode, I had that problem once and it would cycle about every minute but would hold good in park, to check block wheels start coach let air build to cut off and check by the drivers rear axle for a leak , I suspect your inversion valve has went bad.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #6

Jim,

Yes this is what I was thinking, I didn't know the language but a regulator for the pressure is what I was thinking. I'll look online for what that looks like and where it might be. Now I can call a shop and sound like I know something!

Thanks,
Greg
Old 11-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #7

Hello and thank you for your help! Are you thinking this is in the leveling system? I see the release coming from the breaking system, from what I am learning here is the dryer on the breaks. I don't believe there is an air leak, the release is due to over pressure not under, correct? (Unless I'm wrong).

I will do your check and see If I can find a leak though.

Greg
Old 11-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #8

Hello Mike,

Thanks for you help. Yes, I'm sure it is something like this. I'll look into the regulator first then the dryer, this makes sense.

Greg

Tags
charging