Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Road side or curb side kitchen

Could you please share your thoughts on which side you prefer? I can see several pros and cons to both sides but I'm sure I haven't thought of them all.
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #2

Road side kitchen for us. We like to be able to look over our camp site from the dining table. We also like to be able to pass barbqued items through tje window directly to the table.
Our next coach will be a road side kitchen; even if they are hard to find. To that we will hang on to our vintage coach as long as we can and enjoy it.
Many people will have different views and opinions and I would also like to hear more replies.
Maik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:19 AM   #3

On a 3 or 4 slide motorhome I would opt to have kitchen slide on curb side of coach, normally the kitchen due to plumbing etc. is the narrow slide in depth, allows more outside patio room when slide is extended. JMHO
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Totally not a consideration for us - overall floor plan was more important to us - but maybe it's because the wife considers the kitchen decorative and we go out to eat
oh, but our kitchen just happens to be roadside...
Old 07-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Not in the top 20 of wants that we just went through. Some object to eating where you see the sewer hose...I say close the shades.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #6

Given a choice, I’d say put the kitchen and bath on the roadside. Opens up the the curbside to bigger windows to see more stuff. However, for many people it doesn’t make a lot of difference (depending on where they stay) but the view from either side comprises another RV.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
It really doesn't make any difference to us. Right now our kitchen is in a small slideout under the main awning. That's a real pain because it takes up space under the awning.

Also, I would prefer the kitchen to not be in a slideout, due to the flexible drain connections. We haven't had that problem yet, but I know a lot of folks have.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:48 AM   #8

We have two slides on the road side. The kitchen, formerly in the large forward slide, is being relocated to the curb side in our remodel. The extra cabinet height, combined with eliminating water lines from the slides, are the compelling factors. We eat outside as often as inside, so the view from the dining table might be less important for us than to others.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:02 PM   #9

To access the stove, oven, microwave or fridge requires opening the slide. I prefer it being on the curbside as it is now. When making a quick lunch stop I prefer opening the curb side slide over the roads side slide.

The road side slide is the table and love seat.

In camp it does not matter much. We spend as little time as possible inside.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:19 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
To access the stove, oven, microwave or fridge requires opening the slide. I prefer it being on the curbside as it is now. When making a quick lunch stop I prefer opening the curb side slide over the roads side slide.

That is something I had not considered!
12amNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:19 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12amNSX View Post
Could you please share your thoughts on which side you prefer? I can see several pros and cons to both sides but I'm sure I haven't thought of them all.
Here are the floor plans of two out of the three coaches we have owned. We like both very much.

We don't have kids or livestock in the coach. We do not like sitting at the dining room table looking out on our neighbor's patio area. We see no need for two slides in the main living area. (What - are you square dancing in the coach after supper?) Both of these floor plans are fully functional without extending a slide.

I acknowledge the increased potential for leaking kitchen sink plumbing but so far that has not been a problem. Maybe because we don't always extend the living room slide for a one-night stay and never extend it for a rest-stop lunch. Everything we need/want is accessible and functional without extending any slides.

Given an unlimited budget to order the coach of our dreams it would not look much different, floor plan wise, from the Country Coach we have now.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The Winnebago has a road-side kitchen, the Ambassador has curb-side.

I came to realize that for us either works just fine. One advantage of curb-side is that you can cook and yell at people sitting outside from the kitchen window.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote