RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #1

Roadmaster chassis air systems

Roadmaster chassis
Gambrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What do you need help with?
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:42 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambrinus View Post
Roadmaster chassis
What's your question?
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #4

I see that was his or her first "post". Probably an oops. Been there, done that, and I'll robably will do it again before it's over.

First winter in 15 years we've not gone south. Winterized the motorhome about 6 weeks ago. Now trying to figure out how to winterize us!!!

Cheers, be safe, stay well, and from chilly SW Idaho, Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #5

its 70+ degrees in texas
Old 11-22-2020, 06:09 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My dog likes chicken.
TowDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #7

Roadmaster Chassis Air System

Country B, Veraken, K7JVm, mydogmax. Thanks for your replies. K7JV was correct, my post was an oops. I have a new to me, 2003 Monaco Windsor 40, single axel and I was looking for a diagram for the air system and a chassis manual. My drivers side front air bags go down faster than the rest of the system so I wanted to get an idea of the air flow. I have 8 new air bags and the 12 control valves (2x6) have all been rebuilt. I have slowed down the loss or air greatly but I still have to air up the system about every 4 to 5 days now. Have tried to find the diagrams on this site, and on line, but have been unsuccessful to date. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike & Paola plus our dog Charlie
Retired Air Force
Full tine in a 2003 Monaco Windsor
Gambrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I have a collection of Air System diagrams. I believe yours would be in the group "1997-2006" which has 10 pages (four files).

Go to the link in my signature line for the "Wiring Diagrams", then to the folder "Air System" and download whatever you can use.

The typical repair on this is to go under the Coach (use blocks or ramps for clearance if needed) with the Coach aired up. Then spray soapy water on each air hose fitting. The purpose "air leak detector" spray sold on Amazon works better than just dish soap and water in a spray bottle, but if the leak is big enough that would work fine too.
It is normal for these Coaches to lose air over a day or two.

Good luck
Old 11-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Our 2002 Windsor has an auxiliary air compressor that keeps the coach level even when the main air supply leaks down. In order for this to work you level the coach and leave the leveling turned on.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #10

A 4 or 5 day leak down is not that bad. Do you have the 12v air compressor? Oh, get used to chasing air leaks, comes with the territory. I just leave my compressor on and the coach stays level. I installed a switch in the cockpit so I can turn it off at night, they make too much noise to sleep through.
Sounds like you might not have that 12 volt compressor, or, the fuse was pulled cause it never shut off, or, bad pressure switch, or, pump is shot.
Second, you leveling system should be separate from you chassis air system so you don't have an issue with your brakes. Your engine compressor will fill the leveling air tank, but once you are parked you need that 12 volt pump or run your engine. There is a check valve to prevent the different tanks from causing a sudden air loss if something goes wrong with your leveling tank.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #11

Having no luck finding your air system and wiring diagrams for a 2006 Roadmaster chassis.
2006 Monaco Windsor 40 PDQ that I am having slow air up and amazing wiring issues. Yes I did the leak test search and found numerous faulty/loose connections but would like to see a diagram of the system.
Sawduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:11 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawduster View Post
Having no luck finding your air system and wiring diagrams for a 2006 Roadmaster chassis.
2006 Monaco Windsor 40 PDQ that I am having slow air up and amazing wiring issues. Yes I did the leak test search and found numerous faulty/loose connections but would like to see a diagram of the system.
Are you asking me?
Did you click on the link in my signature line -- this one? https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtvAXw_lfqbTm0WTuuNqpn9a8hCh

There is a folder called "Air System diagrams". Take a look a the files named "1997-2006 Air System Page X-X".

That's all I have. If you find something better, please share it with me.
Good luck.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:04 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I have a collection of Air System diagrams. I believe yours would be in the group "1997-2006" which has 10 pages (four files).

Go to the link in my signature line for the "Wiring Diagrams", then to the folder "Air System" and download whatever you can use.

The typical repair on this is to go under the Coach (use blocks or ramps for clearance if needed) with the Coach aired up. Then spray soapy water on each air hose fitting. The purpose "air leak detector" spray sold on Amazon works better than just dish soap and water in a spray bottle, but if the leak is big enough that would work fine too.
It is normal for these Coaches to lose air over a day or two.

Good luck
Which file would work for a 2004 Monaco Knight?
John24RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
The '04 Knight is built on the Roadmaster RR4R chassis, so the drawings I linked to will not work for your coach.

Tags
air, chassis, ems, roadmaster