Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #1

Roadmaster Chassis Work - Where?

I looked at a 2007 Monaco Knight on RR8R Chassis this past weekend. It's a little bigger than we want at 40' 10", but otherwise was pretty nice.

I got to thinking later, where can you get these Roadmaster chassis' worked on? I mean will Freightliner and Spartan places work on them? How do you locate places that will work on them?

I do realize all the house stuff is pretty much generic to all motorhomes, so that shouldn't be an issue.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2019, 07:56 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Any competent Truck Shop.
It's just a "chassis" (two long steel beams with cross-members in between). The rest of the stuff - air bags, steering, brakes, etc., are standard truck parts.

Where it gets tough if figuring out which "standard truck part" was used.

So if it's Freightliner chassis they (Freighliner) would have easy access to the component/parts list. But on a Monaco/Roadmaster chassis, the shop would need to look a the specific item (brakes, air-bags, etc.) and then get the manufacture part number off it (as there are usually no Monaco's listed in the aftermarket chassis parts books (and calling Monaco wont help on the older coaches), as you would find listed for a Kenworth or Mack truck).
But the parts are the same and can be identified by any competent shop.

EDIT: and to add - if you buy the coach, start researching all the components and downloading all the manuals you can, before you actually breakdown and need to know something. It's easier to identify the type of brakes you have (from a visual inspection, and via your computer) then while stuck at a campsite somewhere. Even if you don't do the repairs yourself - its good to be able to provide the info to the repair shop (i.e. the brake manufacture, air bag p/n, etc.).
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mike provided a great answer. You can download the original brochure here:
https://www.monacocoach.com/luxury-rv-brochures?y=2007
The owners manual is also available online.
https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals

For chassis modifications and upgrades, Source Engineering has some great products. They will also work on your chassis.
Source Engineering Inc | Custom RV Chassis | Eugene, OR
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #4

Thanks to both of you for the info. Makes me feel better about looking at a non-Spartan/Freightliner.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I looked at a 2007 Monaco Knight on RR8R Chassis this past weekend. It's a little bigger than we want at 40' 10", but otherwise was pretty nice.

I got to thinking later, where can you get these Roadmaster chassis' worked on? I mean will Freightliner and Spartan places work on them? How do you locate places that will work on them?

I do realize all the house stuff is pretty much generic to all motorhomes, so that shouldn't be an issue.
https://josamusa.com/

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, roadmaster