Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #1

RogPog 2009 Dynasty Smart Wheel Problems

I have no horn, wipers, flashers, or cruise control.
Maybe my smart wheel is not so smart. My rig is a 2009 Monaco Dynasty.
This is the only problem I have with the coach, but I can't find any help with it.
Does anyone know where I could call or go to find help,
Thanks
RogPog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #2

Can’t tell you locations but somewhere you have a controller, mine is in the electrical bay in front of the drivers side wheel and a “clock spring” in the wheel itself that can fail. But if you have no functionality on anything l would start with locating the controller and check for power there
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:15 PM   #3

You have a chassis multiplex coach and the smart wheel controller is incorporated into the CCM multiplex computer in your front run bay. Although the steering wheel click spring could be bad, it is more likely a bag +5volt supply from the CCM module. This is a known problem on chassis multiplex coaches

M&M in Ohio understands the system and can fix it if you bring the coach to them.

If you understand enough to follow the smart wheel troubleshooting guide and a low +5 volt feed is the issue, then for under $20:you could patch in a +12v to +5v converter and solve the problem.
fcmcelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:52 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, you have one of the last great coaches actually built by Monaco.
Monaco used a different Smart Controller in the 2008-2009 models: Kongsberg roadside chassis multiplex (Chassis Control Module (CCM). It uses CADET software.

I sent an email to another IRV2 member (SRH) that had a similar issue.
This is a link to a thread he started on purchasing the software. Look at post #9 for contact info.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/cad...is-432603.html

A link to the thread on his issues:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sma...lp-429296.html
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2. Best place to come for help.
Hope the above are what you need.
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:41 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Fortunately my 08 Nav doesn’t have the chassis multiplex. My intermittent wiper problem was a plug/connection at the base of the steering column. Cleaning solved my issue.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcmcelr View Post
You have a chassis multiplex coach and the smart wheel controller is incorporated into the CCM multiplex computer in your front run bay. Although the steering wheel click spring could be bad, it is more likely a bag +5volt supply from the CCM module. This is a known problem on chassis multiplex coaches

M&M in Ohio understands the system and can fix it if you bring the coach to them.

If you understand enough to follow the smart wheel troubleshooting guide and a low +5 volt feed is the issue, then for under $20:you could patch in a +12v to +5v converter and solve the problem.
What city is M & M in please?
Old 01-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ohio City Ohio

https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/visit_us

I had a problem with my EMS system and called M&M, they worked through troubleshooting procedure, which showed my system was bad. I did end up buying an upgrade EMS from them.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:53 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
M&M spend the winter in Sanford, FL.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:49 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
This may help you figure it out,

Tim
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SmartWheel TROUBLESHOOT.pdf (331.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogPog View Post
I have no horn, wipers, flashers, or cruise control.
Maybe my smart wheel is not so smart. My rig is a 2009 Monaco Dynasty.
This is the only problem I have with the coach, but I can't find any help with it.
Does anyone know where I could call or go to find help,
Thanks
Thank you all very much for the advice. Looks like I'll be planning a trip to Ohio City. They say that they haven't had one they couldn't fix yet. Hope mine isn't the first.
Thanks again
Old 01-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #12

REV service center in Coburg, OR. can work on it. They fixed mine. M&M told me they couldn't help me. ????? You can, at least you used to be able to, talk to someone at M&M, REV is a different story. The corporation has cracked down on the Coburg center and it is almost impossible to talk to someone there. They do have the laptop and CADET software. My fix with two new switches and labor was less than $300. EVERY other shop I went to said it could never be fixed. As long as your CCM is good, it can be fixed.
Ah yes, the dreaded Kongsberg roadside chassis multiplex. Right now as far as I know that CCM is obsolete and there is no replacement. I'd be interested to what M&M is doing about these boards. Two years ago they couldn't do anything for me. I would pay thousands for a replacement CCM.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote