Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
So reseal the foil stuff with sticky foil stuff. Got it.

The neoprene hose is pretty stuck on. If I get it off, low pressure or vacuum are my choices. Thoughts?

White hose in motor section and in gennie section are really hard to get at. Need small child. Thoughts?
If you have a little slack, cut the end off?

I think if I could get it off, pull it down and try a quick "mouth to hose" blow. Maybe a mattress inflater ... probably one in campground somewhere.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #16

Thanks for all of the good advice. Will work on it sometime this month
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #17

Went to the HW store for 4 ft of clear 5/8 ID hose. Put is over the end of the drain hoses and blew them out with my own lungs! Never felt resistance, but they work now! Woot!
Old 04-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Went to the HW store for 4 ft of clear 5/8 ID hose. Put is over the end of the drain hoses and blew them out with my own lungs! Never felt resistance, but they work now! Woot!
Cool! I was going to suggest you get a piece of line from a string trimmer. You can poke it up the coil side without worrying about making a hole, it is also flexible enough to go around a corner and if you want to roto root the drain just run it off the spool. It's what I used on mine.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I would suggest , in the summer a small amount of bleach poured in the line will prevent stop ups .I worked maintenance for 30 years and in houses we did that all the time.Its called cold water slime.
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #20

Roof A/C drains plugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagcat View Post
I would suggest , in the summer a small amount of bleach poured in the line will prevent stop ups .I worked maintenance for 30 years and in houses we did that all the time.Its called cold water slime.

The clog was in the plenum up topside. Dust. Just a puff of my breath from the bottom of the hose took care of it. No good way to get bleach up there.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #21

Quote:

The clog was in the plenum up topside. Dust. Just a puff of my breath from the bottom of the hose took care of it. No good way to get bleach up there.
If there is a will there is a way. You know if you weren't suppose to get bleach in there you somehow would. Lol
Old 04-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
If you look at the install up on the roof you will see that the other end of the small hose or braided hose on most models attaches to a collection cup between the roof and the base of the a/c. With the a/c cover off you can drill a 3/8 hole in the top of the housing directly in line with that cup. Flush with water or blow gently with air to clean, then put an ounce of bleach in the cup. If you do just the bleach every spring after you initial cleaning you will not have clogs again...do it when humidity is high so it actually drains and works it's way through the system...just like maintaining a S&B drain. Cover your drill hole with a little Gorilla Tape or find a small plug. Gives you a chance to clean out any wasps, leaves etc. Small amount of oil on the fan shaft. Stainless washers under the a/c shroud screws so the shroud doesn't crack out. Check electrical connections, clean coil if necessary.

DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE AIR on the hoses... most Monaco's have a joints, T's, els, whatever buried in the ceilings, if you blow one of those apart you have created major work for yourself.

A really good tech will probably do all three units for about $200-$300 the first time, easy after that, maybe 1.5 hours a year. Assuming you do not have a line that is pinched, disconnected, or whatever from the factory....yeah it happens.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
If you look at the install up on the roof you will see that the other end of the small hose or braided hose on most models attaches to a collection cup between the roof and the base of the a/c. With the a/c cover off you can drill a 3/8 hole in the top of the housing directly in line with that cup. Flush with water or blow gently with air to clean, then put an ounce of bleach in the cup. If you do just the bleach every spring after you initial cleaning you will not have clogs again...do it when humidity is high so it actually drains and works it's way through the system...just like maintaining a S&B drain. Cover your drill hole with a little Gorilla Tape or find a small plug. Gives you a chance to clean out any wasps, leaves etc. Small amount of oil on the fan shaft. Stainless washers under the a/c shroud screws so the shroud doesn't crack out. Check electrical connections, clean coil if necessary.

DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE AIR on the hoses... most Monaco's have a joints, T's, els, whatever buried in the ceilings, if you blow one of those apart you have created major work for yourself.

A really good tech will probably do all three units for about $200-$300 the first time, easy after that, maybe 1.5 hours a year. Assuming you do not have a line that is pinched, disconnected, or whatever from the factory....yeah it happens.

Interesting!
I cleared the dust clog as noted in previous post

I
Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Dust becomes mud this time of year in FL...puddles of drainage under the coach from all three a/c's right now.

I guess that's why 75 northbound is bumper too bumper. Count me in that pack in two weeks.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote