Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2019, 05:31 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Roof A/C drains running down the side of the coach

What's the best way to clean out roof A/C drains. Front and rear drains are dripping water. But the center unit is leaking water that is running down the side of the coach.
Do you use drain cleaner, blow the line out with are,or what. I don't wish to damage the drain lines. If and one has done this before I would Greatly appreciate your input. I am working on. 2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ. With three roof A/C units.

I am also look for anyone who has ever removed the front H frame drag likes for inspection and lube. Can it be done without jacking or removing the wheel assy?
I'm tracking down a horrible squeaky noise emanating from the curb side front seat mount. I've track it down to the seat mounting plate in the floor. The sgueak stops when ever you drive in rain then when it stop raining it returns. So I'm thing right front suspension.
I would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks and GOD BLESS RVDUKE
RVDUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #2

Assuming you have climbed up top and removed the AC covers for a look-see without obvious blockage, then I would blow some compressed air down the lines to unclog. Regulate to 25-30 pounds and that should blow out the crud with out damaging the tubes. If all 3 are plugged that is a bit odd.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #3

Ditto on blowing lines.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Each A/C has 2 plastic "cups" attached to the bottom of the A/C pan, one on each side. Each cup has a 3/8" plastic drain line attached. The drain lines T together on the drivers side of the A/C underneath it.
You should be able to access the drain T from inside the coach after removing the inside cover and filter assembly.
I would remove the clamps and check for blockage there.

I think I would soak the H frame area where the squeak is located with PB Blaster. It should penetrate and stop the leak for longer than a rain storm.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I had that issue on my Air conditioner as well. If I was at home I would’ve blown air up from the bottom to clean out any blockage but I was on the road at the time. So I took the garden hose and went underneath the coach and I had my wife turn it on while I was holding it over the tube that drains that air conditioner. Sent a little stream of water up in there and out came the blockage and everything was great after that.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I used a wire to clean my back one from the bottom and put a bent in half zip tie in it to keep dirt dobbers out. On my Dynasty the middle AC shares the front drain...only 2 drains.

Guess I need to turn on the middle one on my Navigator and see where and how it drains.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiedad View Post
Assuming you have climbed up top and removed the AC covers for a look-see without obvious blockage, then I would blow some compressed air down the lines to unclog. Regulate to 25-30 pounds and that should blow out the crud with out damaging the tubes. If all 3 are plugged that is a bit odd.
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
Thanks and GOD BLESS YOU and your family.
Wayne
Old 07-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Great and thanks a lot you all! I will give the suggestions a try and let you all know your he our come.
God Bless you all!
Wayne
Old 07-19-2019, 05:34 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Just looked at our RV while the AC units were on and saw rear AC was draining off the roof also.
Anyone know where the drain line might be run out on the 04’ Monaco Windsor?
I’ll take off the AC cover in the morning and look at it!
Thanks all
CaptV1VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:42 PM   #10

And I thought they were supposed to do that
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:15 AM   #11

I have a 2006 beaver patriot thunder my middle AC does the same thing but somebody had changed it out before I purchased it and didn’t hook up a drain kit. I’m assuming that’s what happened with yours my two other AC units from rear drain out the bottom of the couch
Higgy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:23 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Black 3/8” hose on driver side just behind the mud flap.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:56 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
When you remove the top cover, check along the side that has the drain tube to see if your AC has the condinsate pump. On all 3 of mine, the pump was frozen (rusted) and would not pump water into the hose. A quick removal of the pump let me free up the motor shaft to get it to spin again and pump water down the tube. Now I check to see if water is flowing down the tubes each year, if not, I check the hoses and pump to make sure they are running.
tmadak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:00 AM   #14

Crawl under with your shop vacuum and a towel .
A good suction will pull the blockage out , use the towel to wrap around
the hose for a better seal .
Blowing up the drain doesn't remove the blockage it only moves it some
but may allow temporary help .

I don't believe you will see much by removing the roof cover since the
drain system is up there but it is between the A/C and roof .

My 03 Windsor doesn't have a drain pump it is all gravity operated .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof