Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #15

So the wall above the window gets wet? Is the coach level? If front is lower then most likely its not leaking from windshield or clearance lights. Maybe get the garden hose out and spray isolated areas of the roof until u pinpoint the leak?
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #16

Cooking dad. I have a 2007 Caymen had a leak over drivers side front. RV Dealer said windshield was out of alignment that was leak. I took to steady auto glass they said windshield was in place it was the rubber trim that was pushing out and the water was entering there they filled with eurethane and leak free. They said when I replace the window they will replace,the rubber trim at that point. I don't know if you got the ride enhancement kit (REK) as we all know the RR4R chassis is terrible for proposing and I am sure All the porpoising is not good for the windshield and the rest of the coach. I just got the REK done along with upsizing tires and the ride is a major improvement .
Hurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I found my leak!

Hi Peter, We have the same exact problem! The floor got soaked to the forward left side of the steering column so bad that I had to remove the carpeting. I did the same as you went all over everything to no avail. Then I decided to start with the water hose at the lowest point by the drivers window with DW inside watching like a hawk. When the water hose got to the bottom of the drivers window "Track" we could actually watch the water flow in the track inside the bottom of the drivers sliding window. The water flow lightly in the track then disappeared down inside the wall and a small puddle formed on the OSB flooring. I haven't figured how to fix it as yet, ya can't caulk the sliding window track, so I'll have to put my thinking cap on and figure some way to stop the flow of water in that track and inside the window. Camping World sells a rubber stick on gutter that I might try above the sliding window and across the entire width of that upper cross brace. I've watched the rain just sheet down the window and I believe this is the culprit. Take your hose and run the water on the glass just above the lower channel and see if that's where it leaks, if you find the same problem and you figure out how to fix it please let me know how you did it. Good luck... Leaks are a big P.I.T.A.!!!!
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #18

Hi, I had a 96 Windsor, split windshield and it kept popping out... come to find out Monoco down in wildwood Fl. said it was because they were not gluing both the windshield and the rubber seal when they installed it. never came out again after that..
I am going to temp seal those small vents on the bottom of the window just to see if that could be the problem.. I will un-seal them If it is not but at least I will know...
PeterBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #19

Hi Tom...YES, I just got a brain storm...! I am thinking about temp sealing those little vents that are on the bottom of the window.. My thinking is there could possibly be a leak in the frame letting water drip inside ... If it keeps leaking still I will un-seal those vents.. It is worth a try I think...
Old 01-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #20

She sits on a pad very level but just tilting down up front just a hair. I did an isolated water test and the leak is deff in the front ... I am going to seal those vents temp just to see if the window frame is not leaking ...
Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 AM   #21

Hi Tom, I just wanted to say I think these dbl pain windows are the best thing they have done to improve Motor Homes.. I have yet to see any frost on my windows.. I hope when I seal these vents it stops leaking then I will know... Thanks.... Keep in touch.. we are in Benson Az. Where are you...?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Hurk. We did have trailing arm issue and had them replaced by Freightliner shop in Kingman, AZ. Didn't do REK at that time but having it taken care of now, along with new tires, alignment, leveler adjustment, too. Matter of fact a lot of the interior is going to change as well but got to get that nasty windshield issue addressed first! :-)
cookingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #23

Hi Tom, I got to thinking today and sealing up these "vents" may not be such a good idea.. the water that runs off the side window will run down into the channel and not be able to exit the motor home.. unless I seal the whole window so water does not enter .. not a good idea... sorry...
Old 01-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
those little vents

Hi Peter, My wife and I live in Mesa AZ., we moved here in 1995 from upstate N.Y. Been loving it ever since.

I believe those little vents are weep holes to supposedly drain any cascading rain water out of that exterior channel of the drivers window. Let me know if plugging them up makes any difference.

I have an idea as well,... there is a felt channel below the drivers window that the sliding window slides in to open the driver window. As I mentioned previously... I watched water run in that felt channel (right next to the fixed unmovable window) and it slowly disappeared down and out of that felt channel. I carefully pulled up on the felt channel and there is a vinyl or plastic channel under that, that has small weep holes in it to let any water drain through those weep holes on the outside.

I believe that under the plastic/vinyl track that is under the felt track is the area that needs to be caulked. I haven't done it as yet but I am going to remove the sliding window, pry up the felt track, then pry up the vinyl track and I BETCHA THAT'S WERE THE LEAK IS!!! There must be cracks or holes in what ever material is under that vinyl track and it needs to be re-sealed!! I'm going over to my coach on Tuesday and I'll check it out and let you know how I make out. If you figure anything out as well please let me know how you did it.
Thanks & Good Luck!
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #25

Hi Tom, I got to thinking today and sealing up these "vents" may not be such a good idea.. the water that runs off the side window will run down into the channel and not be able to exit the motor home.. unless I seal the whole window so water does not enter .. not a good idea... sorry...
Old 01-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #26

I will check that out also... thanks...!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #27

Check above the window for gaps in the sealant. If you have any gaps around the window where it meets the coach, the water will go straight down the inside of the wall and soak the floor in your coach. And all thoughts of your windshield and front clearance lights leaking should be dismissed unless you believe water can flow up hill. You mentioned the slight incline. I personally would want to find the leak before performing repairs. Did you hose the side window down with water?
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #28

Yes, I sealed the window pretty good because there was old sealant on there... I am sure the leak is up front because I hosed it down a couple days ago.. It just keeps leading me to the window for some reason... I am going to take it apart tomorrow and check it real good... thank you...

Tags
leak, roof