Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Rough trip up I75 from FL yesterday!

Man there was ton of traffic headed north out of central Florida yesterday on I75!

Went down to Ocala area for the week to visit and sell a pair of Seadoos. Mission accomplished on the sale but the ride home yesterday was tough. Saw a HR get on the interstate just ahead of me in Micanopy and they set sail. Never caught them as I pulled in the rest area just north of there. Ran with a Diplomat for about 100 miles as they were in the same mess.

We had a turbo speed sensor fail as soon as we hit the road from N. Georgia. After we googled the code up we felt save to keep going south, Cummins in Ocala got the part for us overnight and I changed it with relative ease while on our stay. Much cheaper than the 6 tires on the last trip.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #2

Same amount of traffic on I75 today. When we left Fort Wilderness, the RVs were backed up to get out.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
I have to ask since the traffic was worth posting about, it this due to anything predictable? We are planning a trip next April from the top of Michigan down to Kissimmee and hoped we had picked a quiet time of year (after the Easter weekend).
Early planning looks like a run right down I-75 for the most part.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
I have to ask since the traffic was worth posting about, it this due to anything predictable? We are planning a trip next April from the top of Michigan down to Kissimmee and hoped we had picked a quiet time of year (after the Easter weekend).
Early planning looks like a run right down I-75 for the most part.
Spring break and snowbirds headed home. The Diplomat I saw to much of was from Ontario.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
First two weeks, especially this week are the big travel weeks for the snowbirds leaving Fl. Did it once and it was terrible. Now we stay until late April.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #6

This was only our second trip in the Endeavor, I drove the whole way at Thanksgiving and it was not to bad. We had a bad trip back with tire issues but this trip south like the last one was good and the double Seadoo trailer pulled great. Wife tried to do some drive time back minus the watercraft but the traffic was overbearing. Glad she tried and glad she said her comfort level was low. I picked a bad time for her, my bad! I find you have to set the cruise control and it makes it easier to focus on the rest!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Spring break lasts over a month anymore. Friend came N Saturday and it took 3 hours longer than normal. I came home last Sunday and other than I-75 south of Atlanta to mid town I could run 65 all day long. I was surprised how little construction there was. Did get off of the Turnpike briefly north of Orlando to avoid a 45 minute backup...WAZE is an app worth having.

When traffic on 75 is showing yellow I will use 98 to almost Tallahassee, then 19 to Albany, then 520 to Columbus and then I-185/85 to Atlanta. This is only 30 miles further with no traffic and you avoid the consistent slowdown on 75 on the SE side of Atlanta. I usually go straight through Atlanta but coming in from Columbus puts you on the west bypass. Other than lots of trucks it usually moves well.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Spring break lasts over a month anymore. Friend came N Saturday and it took 3 hours longer than normal. I came home last Sunday and other than I-75 south of Atlanta to mid town I could run 65 all day long. I was surprised how little construction there was. Did get off of the Turnpike briefly north of Orlando to avoid a 45 minute backup...WAZE is an app worth having.

When traffic on 75 is showing yellow I will use 98 to almost Tallahassee, then 19 to Albany, then 520 to Columbus and then I-185/85 to Atlanta. This is only 30 miles further with no traffic and you avoid the consistent slowdown on 75 on the SE side of Atlanta. I usually go straight through Atlanta but coming in from Columbus puts you on the west bypass. Other than lots of trucks it usually moves well.
That is good route and clear for our coaches. Just not good for our trip to Dawsonville!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:40 PM   #9

We got on I 75 at I-10 tuesday about noon.
We got to the Tifton kOA about 4 PM. A good run with light trffic.
Dinner that night at the Pit Stop BBQ restaurant next to the Agriculture
Musium. North side of town.
On Wednesday we drove to Calhoun Ga. Got through Atlanta as good as ever.
Thursday morning I changed out a low tire on the trailer in the A-OK campground, I saw some steel bands showing through. Good year marathon tires. So,
Thursday night we were at The cracker barrel Dry Ridge Kentucky, a 350 mile day. Where I changed another trailer tire. The tires on the trailer are 5 years old. I will put 6 new ones on this summer.
Had dinner and spent the night.
Breakfast at cracker barrel and Drove to Cardinal Center in Marengo Ohio where we are now.
Light traffic and courtious drivers for the most part.
A good trip Overall.
After reading the above posts, I am glad we left when we Did.
JohnClick image for larger version

Name:	20190404_182253.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	241130
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
We got on I 75 at I-10 tuesday about noon.
We got to the Tifton kOA about 4 PM. A good run with light trffic.
Dinner that night at the Pit Stop BBQ restaurant next to the Agriculture
Musium. North side of town.
On Wednesday we drove to Calhoun Ga. Got through Atlanta as good as ever.
Thursday morning I changed out a low tire on the trailer in the A-OK campground, I saw some steel bands showing through. Good year marathon tires. So,
Thursday night we were at The cracker barrel Dry Ridge Kentucky, a 350 mile day. Where I changed another trailer tire. The tires on the trailer are 5 years old. I will put 6 new ones on this summer.
Had dinner and spent the night.
Breakfast at cracker barrel and Drove to Cardinal Center in Marengo Ohio where we are now.
Light traffic and courtious drivers for the most part.
A good trip Overall.
After reading the above posts, I am glad we left when we Did.
JohnAttachment 241130

That’s is a lot of rig!

Glad your trip was low on traffic and sorry you had troubles!
Old 04-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #11

Hey ChaseSS How do you know how to find problems such as the one you had? Thanks
Jim McElwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Florida populations are exploding. Developer cronyism is rampant in the state legislature.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I saw some posts about heavy and very slow traffic on I75 on a motorcycle forum this weekend.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McElwee View Post
Hey ChaseSS How do you know how to find problems such as the one you had? Thanks

Our 2008 HR Endeavor has a button on the driver console for diagnostics. I pressed it and the ran the first option for engines diagnostics. It gave me the code for the fault. We googled and determined it was least critical, so kept going. Once at my folks in Florida I jumped under and pulled the harness loose and tested with my multimeter. The sensor read open. It should be between 600 and 1300 ohms. It took both under and inside with the hatch pulled to get it done for me. The harness routing required me to get in the hatch to do it correctly. The sensor was removed and re-installed from underneath mostly. Minimal tools required. 8mm socket and a big screwdriver for the hatch cover. I keep these simple tools and multimeter in the coach at all times!

Sorry also needed a 1/2 socket to remove the rock screen underneath.