Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #1

Running Coax Cable - 2003 Monaco Windsor

I have a 2003 Monaco Windsor and I am wanting to run coax cable from front of coach to the rear bedroom tv. Is there an easy way to do this without tearing everything out?
Coreyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #2

There are sever on here using this system instead of running new cables

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00630WKGI...=3EBTMQKRK2ZEX

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/need-...er-337129.html

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyph View Post
I have a 2003 Monaco Windsor and I am wanting to run coax cable from front of coach to the rear bedroom tv. Is there an easy way to do this without tearing everything out?
I have not done it but have read of being able to use the A/C duct .
Apparently you can punch thru in front into the area behind the TV
run the coax inside the duct and repeat in the rear

Ray
03 Windsor
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
YC1

No, nothing easy about the process.

It is impossible to tear enough out to make it easy.

Use your imagination and think like a mouse. Where could it crawl and creep. I have many hanGdy tools that help me pull cables. An old metal coat hangar works but an old stainless steel antenna whip is better.

Grab a helper and get their opinion. Two minds work better and two more hands when pulling cable is even better.

You can run the cable along the frame of the rv for example and then find a place to go into the cabin. The coax will withstand the elements quite well.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:19 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I've added some LED lighting on the passenger side slide outs. But I wanted the switch up on the dash area. I ran all the wires down into the basement, all the way back then snaked them up into the slide outs. You can't see any exposed wiring anywhere. You want to keep in mind the slide moving back and forth and not binding anything up. It is very time consuming, especially if you do it by yourself and takes about twice the wire you'd think it would. As mentioned, it aint easy.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
There are sever on here using this system instead of running new cables

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00630WKGI...=3EBTMQKRK2ZEX

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/need-...er-337129.html
I have one of these wireless HDMI extenders at the house. We remote the ROKU box from the bedroom to the living room for my wife's TV habit. It works reasonably well, with an occasional dropout. Installation was easy, takes about 10 minutes to plug in the cables, power and test it. Beats the pants out of running a new cable.

But if you must run a cable, think outside the box--literally. Consider running it under the rig in the basement!
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #7

I ran a HDMI from the front overhead cabinets to the rear TV. I didn't feel like it was all that difficult, not saying it wasn't a pain. I went down the front pillars and through the firewall into the generator bay. From there I followed the wiring loom under the rig to mid cabin where I re-entered the coach through the kitchen slide. Once in the slide I followed the plumbing chute back through the bathroom into the bedroom, under the dresser and up to the rear TV. I started with a 50' cable and had to add a 12' extension to complete the run. Hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Since you are talking about running from the front of the MH to the rear, I have to assume that you are trying to run from the video controller in the front to the rear cabinet for the TV. Right?

Take the front window combing off, that is the plastic stuff that hides the front window at the edge. That will give you a routing to the underside of the MH. You may have to drill a hole in the floor where the cable comes down the side of the front, either side depending on where your controller is located. Insert the cable to snake up the combing side from the bottom first. This will keep you from having to route 75' or so of wire into that hole in the floor. Then snake the cable free of moving/hot stuff under the MH and continue to the rear using tie wraps to secure the cable to the longitudinal member running front to rear. Give yourself a "service loop", a coil of some of the cable to allow changes as needed without having to remove all of the tie wraps to adjust the mounting. Then, when you get to the engine compartment, snake the cable up to the area that is to hold the TV/etc and another hole might have to be made in the flooring to enter the cabin.

Take your time and calculate where you need to drill the holes and be sure you do not drill into other wires/pipes and etc. Use weather caulk to secure the drill holes from water migrating into the MH.

Also, build another "service loop" at the back of the MH before you enter the cabin with the cable. This is the same reason as stated above.

Go back to the front of the MH and reinstall the front window combing to tidy things up a bit and enjoy.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
On my dynasty the dc wires are on the passenger side of the center ducting and the ac on the driver’s side for the most part. I can pull ceiling speakers and run cables with pull sticks.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco