Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
RV/Truck Wash

Many of the campgrounds throughout the country do not allow RV washing. I am considering taking my rig to an RV/Truck wash. If you have used these facilities how was your experience? Did they do an adequate job? What is a good price for a 40-foot motorhome. I know most use a high pressure wash system and I want to make sure it does not damage anything on my rig. I appreciate your suggestions/comments.
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There was a story a while ago about Blue Bunny using too much alkali in their solution for RV's to be safely washed by them. I do know that some people use them though. I've never used a commercial place as I do it myself at home or use Dry Wash N Guard as it's allowed everywhere we've ever been.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
Community Administrator

There have been a few posts here about the Norcold recall black box being damaged by water. I wash my own MH and always stay away from the refer vents. I have two ( upper and lower as refer is in a slideout ). I would tape up the vent or instruct them to not spray directly in this area.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #4

Carolina Campers
I take mine to Blue Beacon. They are a big rig truck wash.

At the NC location I go to they do a great job. It costs about $35.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #5

Don t know florida but in Texas we have lots of locals with vans that visit RV parks wanting to wash wax rigs for 40 wash 80 wash wax. I used to have it done but a found a 3m rv wax sealer for fiberglass and now I can just use hose spray crud kutter and it shines with almost no effort on my part.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #6

I have mine done occasionally by the All American Truck Wash. I request no power washing, and for an extra $10 they hand wash. Including the spot free rinse it costs me $45 for my 40 foot. Well, actually I tell them it's a 37 foot, but it's really closer to 40

It does a decent job. I usually followup the wash with some spray detailer. But, in my mind, $45 bucks isn't bad considering it takes me 2-3 hours to do it by hand.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #7

At Emerald Beach RV Resort, Navarre, a guy does hand wash, hand wax. More money but extremely good work.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I do mine at a car/truck wash myself. I can only do half at a time. I don't like that the hose always gets caught up in all the gear on the roof. By the time I unhook the hose 4 or 5 times and wash the rig, I'm worn out but it looks good. Some white spotting. Costs me about $45. We don't have anyone that will do it for me around here. As mentioned, stay away from the refer panel. On my last coach, I sprayed up inside and screwed up my Norcold black box and had to order another. Lesson learned ($120 to have it diagnosed and replaced). Make sure you spray off the soap wand before using to make sure no grit in the brush!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #9

Our second awkward moment with this coach.

We finally had a chance to use it for vacation, so we left GA and went to FL. I decided I didn't want to wash it while on vacation, Google found me a wash company. Called and made an appointment for 11 am Monday.

11 o'clock Monday, one man in his upper 50's shows up to hand wash our coach. He did a great job.

The awkward part: I'm 39 and my wife is 38 and we're both in great shape. It was nice not having to do it, though.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #10

I sometimes cheat and wash a small section every day in a campground, but have used truck mounted rigs that do on site washing in Texas campgrounds.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
Don t know florida but in Texas we have lots of locals with vans that visit RV parks wanting to wash wax rigs for 40 wash 80 wash wax. I used to have it done but a found a 3m rv wax sealer for fiberglass and now I can just use hose spray crud kutter and it shines with almost no effort on my part.
Care to share what you're using?
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdave View Post
Many of the campgrounds throughout the country do not allow RV washing. I am considering taking my rig to an RV/Truck wash. If you have used these facilities how was your experience? Did they do an adequate job? What is a good price for a 40-foot motorhome. I know most use a high pressure wash system and I want to make sure it does not damage anything on my rig. I appreciate your suggestions/comments.
Hi Chief Dave,

We've had good luck with the Blue Beacons. I'm not nearly so good a negotiator as some of our friends here. It usually costs me closer to $90. That includes the "38 foot" coach, toad, and a hand dry though.

We used a newer independent wash at I-5 and California 46 (Lost Hills) on our way to Quartzsite last January. They did a great job for around $75 of removing a substantial wad of the Siskiyou Mountains smeared on the coach and toad.

Royal Truck Wash

Our experience has been that they will be careful of where they spray if you ask.

FWIW,
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #13

Best wash is at a Truck o Mat.

Jerry Saks
07 Exec
saks1672 is offline   Reply With Quote