Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2022, 01:19 PM   #1

RVA Levelers won't go down Safari Trek

I've been trying to trace why the levelers won't go down. 1st, since we rode with a beep, beep beep forever! I assumed that the fluid was low. added some, but still it won't go down

checked some fuses in the outside fuse compartment under driver seat. now I'm under the front seat looking at fuses etc there. when I turn on the switch power, and push "all retract", I can hear the click in the control box.

does that then go through the relay under there?

what steps should I follow to diagnose?

thanks for any and all help
BikerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2022, 07:25 PM   #2

I don't know about the 2004 Trek, but the older 95-02 Trek had a common issue where the negative ground for the pump was poorly connected to the frame and would tend to go bad. 2004-2008 model years were a major redesign after the Monaco buyout of Safari in 2001 This topic is discussed in a number of threads on the trek tracks forum, but since it is a closed members only forum I can't provide a direct link.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:12 AM   #3

looking for a neg on pump. cannot locate; maybe it fell off on the rough roads in upstate NY. thought my brain was rattled! LOL

if you have a pic, that would be great! thx
Old 08-18-2022, 08:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
My pump is located up front passenger side.

If you added oil that is where the pump is, it consist of the reservoir, motor, and valve block. At the top of the valve block there are solenoids with a "Tee" handle at the top, make sure all the Tee handle are closed shut. These are used for emergency retract, if they are open the jacks won't go down.

You might check but I have some in line fuses at the pump besides one in the fuse panel in my front drivers side electrical bay.

Make sure the park brake is on, ignition is on.

Does your panel light up when you try and use? Can you hear the pump run?
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:14 AM   #5

thanks Jim,

cannot locate any in line fuses near the pump. valves are in closed position. dash switch/remote lights up. pump does not turn on whether for down or up on jacks. still can't locate a ground on the pump unless the brown wire at 9 o'clock is it, but there is nothing going from the pump to the chassis for ground. maybe I can attach a wire from pump to the frame and test?
Old 08-18-2022, 12:33 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a link to the RVA technical documents. There is a typical wiring for monaco document
https://www.rvajack.com/RVA-Technical-Documents
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Have your jacks ever worked while you've owned the coach?
First, the pump only runs while extending the jacks. They are retracted by opening the hydraulic solenoid and then the springs pull them up.
To extend press and hold the switch for the front one first then the two rear.
Ours also had an inline blade fuse going to the pump.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:23 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
At the top of the valve block there are solenoids with a "Tee" handle at the top, make sure all the Tee handle are closed shut. These are used for emergency retract, if they are open the jacks won't go down.
I think there is some confusion here, I believe the OP is having problems getting the jacks to retract, not "go down" per se. I believe they are already "down", and won't, in fact, retract.

In which case opening the tee handles should release the pressure on each jack and allow them to retract manually. Be very careful about where you are physically located when you do this, as the coach will drop very quickly and could crush you if you are underneath it.
RoadTrip2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:50 PM   #9

have been to the tech docs site. a bit confusing. there doesn't seem to be any in line fuse near the pump. yes, have used them a couple months ago.

I hear the clicking through the controller box under dash on left, but there is no pump movement.

tomorrow, I will crawl under and trace wires from pump area.

thinking that pump is not getting power
Old 08-19-2022, 06:21 AM   #10

If not mentioned I believe there is a starter type solenoid relay on pump unit for high draw of motor. It's pulled in with control power from the push buttons/control panel .
There are a 3-5 solenoid relays on DP and many posts of failures an one of these.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:58 AM   #11

to clarify, the jacks are currently up. had a problem recently to lower, just had a small block under 1 tire to handle that. upon return to home, I wanted to determine the problem, so that is the reason for the posting.

I've been troubleshooting. have referred to the tech docs on the RVA docs; found a step by step testing scenario.

I have found that I do have power coming out of the controller box to the relay (brown wire). it appears that the relay (under dash; typical 5 blade) is not putting power out . have a relay on order and should have it sometime tomorrow. plan to go from there

I suspect the pump is fine, just getting power out from relay to the pump itself hopefully is the only issue

will report back after installing new relay
Old 08-21-2022, 11:37 AM   #12

switched the relay with a new one; still not working

thinking the parking brake that is supposed to send msg to relay that it is on is not working properly

anyone have any other ideas?
Old 08-21-2022, 03:00 PM   #13

RVA jacks

Make sure your house batteries are charged and good. My 2000 2430 jacks would not work. I was told they were bad and need to be replaced. I found the manual and it said if batteries are below 10v dc, the pump motor would not work. Replaced the old batteries and the jacks worked like new.
Drivertodd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 04:58 PM   #14

yup, batts good, just checked and had them checked 2 months ago for life; >95%. they are only about 1.5 yrs old.

found a loose connector on the park brake that sends to relay and indicator on dash. fixed. will try again tomorrow

Tags
levelers