RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #1

Safari '95 40' pusher question

My '95 Safari 40' pusher is missing a rear stabilizer bar bracket and I am trying to find a replacement piece either from a manufacturer or a salvaged RV. It is a pre-Monaco coach and their information on the original manufacturer was for a different part. I have pictures that can be e-mailed. It is a U-shaped bracket with a rubber composition bushing. Dimensions are about 4" X 4" X 2" and the bar is about 1 1/2" in diameter. I would appreciate any possible leads on locating a part.
JAX-CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Catalog Index

If these guys don't have it...may not exist.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Gillig LLC Also try these folks. Many chassis parts on early Safari/Beaver coaches came from Gillig.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Safari made their own chassis in Junction City Oregon -- It`s a Magnum Chassis -The suspension was called Velvet Ride, & I think BF Goodrich made it -- I owned 2 Safari`s, but had no trouble with either one -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
RV and Truck Parts and Service - Henderson's Line-Up And these guys have probably more experience rebuilding and modifying Safari Magnum chassis than anyone else in the country. What Bill says is correct...they did "build" the Magnum chassis, but it was an assembly of various heavy truck/bus parts.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #6

I have the original manuals from Safari and the Magnum chassis, but there is nothing on the rear stabilizer bar. I have searched on "velvet ride", but so far, all have ended at dead ends. I tried Ralph Andrews from Safari at Pioneer Metal Works, but apparently they are out of business. I am sure the bracket is OEM and not manufactured by Safari.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #7

Thanks to both Twomed and William Willard for responding to my need. I found a replacement bushing from hendersonslineup.com in Grants Pass, Ore. Shipped out the same day.