RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #57

I have been following your post, mine does the same thing just on the right side, when I say park at a curb, no leveling just part it the right side will drop 4 inches in 3 hours, the tank pressure both are at 110 pounds and hold, I have sprayed soap and water on everything 6 pack's included, no leaks, I am sort of thing the ride height valve on the right rear, but when moving it's perfectly level, so I will be watching how you come out, Ron
RonD1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #58
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonD1010 View Post
I have been following your post, mine does the same thing just on the right side, when I say park at a curb, no leveling just part it the right side will drop 4 inches in 3 hours, the tank pressure both are at 110 pounds and hold, I have sprayed soap and water on everything 6 pack's included, no leaks, I am sort of thing the ride height valve on the right rear, but when moving it's perfectly level, so I will be watching how you come out, Ron
Ron, I think it has to be either the leveling valve, one of the two air bags, the dump valves or the air lines and fittings. Not a whole lot of things that can go wrong there on mine since I don't have air leveling. I checked the new leveling valve thoroughly and I'm satisfied it's not leaking air.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #59
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I'm finally going to attack the leaks in the rear of the air suspension. When I started, it sagged in the left rear. After replacing one of the right air bags, it started sagging on both sides. I've already replaced the pressure protection valves and one ride height valve and none of those are leaking any more. I figure I must have a leak somewhere else in the system. I thinking it might be in one or more of the push fittings so I am going to replace all of them. There are five 90 degree fittings on the air bags, one T fitting leading to the ride height valves and several straight fittings. They are about $5 a piece so it's not a lot of money.

I've seen cautions about using teflon tape on the fittings, but I still should use some type of sealant on the threaded end of the fittings shouldn't I? Is there special sealant for air systems or can I use plumber's pipe dope?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Dennis why not look for the leak using bubble bath soap mix with water in a spray bottle and taflon tape is safe in any service if used properly, when wrapping on the fitting start 2 or more threads back (be sure to clean out the old sealant before starting) and wrap in opsite rotating as tighten.

Check your Privite Messages
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
I'm finally going to attack the leaks in the rear of the air suspension. When I started, it sagged in the left rear. After replacing one of the right air bags, it started sagging on both sides. I've already replaced the pressure protection valves and one ride height valve and none of those are leaking any more. I figure I must have a leak somewhere else in the system. I thinking it might be in one or more of the push fittings so I am going to replace all of them. There are five 90 degree fittings on the air bags, one T fitting leading to the ride height valves and several straight fittings. They are about $5 a piece so it's not a lot of money.

I've seen cautions about using teflon tape on the fittings, but I still should use some type of sealant on the threaded end of the fittings shouldn't I? Is there special sealant for air systems or can I use plumber's pipe dope?

Dennis you can use liquid teflon sealant, available any parts store, better than tape. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 01-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #62
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Dennis you can use liquid teflon sealant, available any parts store, better than tape. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Thanks for the heads up Perry!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Dennis; I would be inclined to suspect those push pull fittings..We use them in both air and water applications and the more you cycle ( plug in and unplug the hoses) the worse they seem to leak.
It is best to install new ones and cut the end of the tubing for a fresh connection,(requires a perfect 90 deg. cut ) as the end of the tubing becomes slightly deformed..The best fix are the fittings that use the compression rings w the brass insert that goes inside the end of the tubing. (normally always found on the air brake lines..) JMHO.. Doug
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #64

Guys , Walt suggested a couple of times to use bubble bath and I agree with him
When I was looking for leaks on my 03 Windsor I wasn't having much luck
until someone suggested a thicker mix applied liberally with a brush
That did the trick , tiny bubbles began to appear .
They were smaller bubbles than I expected to see .
I have air leveling and mine was my rear six pack valves which I rebuilt with
new o rings .

Ray & Marilyn
03 Windsor PST
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #65
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It's been raining or really damp so much lately I haven't had a chance to get under the coach to look at the air suspension. It's interesting that the left rear has stayed inflated for two weeks now, but the right rear has dropped.