Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #1

Sale of RV

Due to some medical issues we have to sell our 2008 Monaco Knight. [Mod Edit]

Can anyone suggest the best way they have found to sell an RV.

Thanks
Russ
russ2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ2528 View Post
Due to some medical issues we have to sell our 2008 Monaco. [Mod Edit]

Thanks
Russ
Advertise on both RVT and RVTrader.com, spend the $100 each, post the max # of pics (I think it’s 20 at that price), and describe it well, warts and all. Craigslist is horrible - you might get one legit response in 50. Facebook Marketplace is pretty good - at least everyone there has an identity that is verifiable, so a lot less scamming and crap.Also list in the classifieds here. I got some good responses, but ultimately my buyer came from RVT.com. Craig’s list just wasted a whole bunch of my time. Best of luck!

Edit: And when you get the add up pm me a link - I know some folks looking for something like that
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #3

Might also try RVONLINE.COM, lots of sold signs. Good luck.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:09 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ2528 View Post
Due to some medical issues we have to sell our 2008 Monaco Knight. [Mod Edit]

Thanks
Russ
Sorry to hear about the medical issues.
The good news is all ways of selling MH's are working right now. If you have a fair price it will sell. From what I've seen ( we just bought 2007 diplomat) your price range is what's hard to keep on the consignment lots.
You could try FB Class A sales group. We bought ours off of there even though most of our time was on rvtrader.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
You can also use the free classified ad section here.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:03 AM   #6

Contrary to another posting I sold my prior DP (Damon Ultrasport) last year on Craigslist. Sold in less than a week to a real nice couple (first to look at it) for the asking price. In that week I got two calls from people that never showed to look at it, but other than that no issues at all. Another big advantage is that Craigslist is usually local folks, don't have to deal with calls from Maine when you are in southern California, or pricing considerations that I have to make price reasonable for someone to travel from Maine to pick it up.
Just as a side note you should also consider how unique your MH is in the pricing. I purchased my replacement MH off RVtrader from a dealer in Florida even though I live in Colorado. I was limited to 36 ft by my storage barn, wanted at least 1000lbs of torque and an engine (not exhaust) brake. Proved to be a really difficult combination to find. Could find all the 38-40 ft I wanted locally at a reasonable price. But that 36 footer was hard to find...so a long trip was required.
Good Luck.
dca81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 01:21 PM   #7

Agree w dca81
I sold last MH as a result of CList. I also had it listed on the other popular RV sites and got calls. You do get some useless contacts but not hard to sort those out if you have decent instincts.
I've also sold boats using CList and again had it .used on other popular sites.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Advertise on both RVT and RVTrader.com, spend the $100 each, post the max # of pics (I think it’s 20 at that price), and describe it well, warts and all. Craigslist is horrible - you might get one legit response in 50. Facebook Marketplace is pretty good - at least everyone there has an identity that is verifiable, so a lot less scamming and crap.Also list in the classifieds here. I got some good responses, but ultimately my buyer came from RVT.com. Craig’s list just wasted a whole bunch of my time. Best of luck!

Edit: And when you get the add up pm me a link - I know some folks looking for something like that
The scammers on craigslist usually use text or emails to contact you. Within the ad I always place no texts/emails and I stick with that. Never reply to either and accept only phone calls on your ad. It has worked well for me on many craigslist sales.
sanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:05 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
There are at least two major scams that you'll run into when selling. Especially, selling via Craigslist.

1. The quick "I'll take it" contact after few or no questions. Then they say, "I'm on a trip or out of the country". Then it's I'll send a Cashiers Check and my representative will pick up the RV. The check is fraudulant and it's made out for $4,000 to $8,000 more than you're selling for and they want you to cash the check and give them the extra money. The Cashiers check bounces 4-days after you've overnighted the extra money check or after their crook friends leave with your RV. You are out an RV and all of the money the bank gave you over and above the sales price.

2. Very fast, same day you list it email or phone call that sounds promising but quickly turns into them wanting to sell your RV for you and if you pay them $400 they will GUARANTEE that they will sell it fast or just pay you your full asking price. And, you agree not not try to sell it on your own either. They do little or nothing to sell it and simply take your $400.

There are probably others too, but these two are super common. People are ripped off this way thousands of times a year.

Tags
sale