Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #15

Richard,

Thank you, thank you. This really explains it well. It's folks like you that make this forum the great value it is.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob&AnnaMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
Samsung

I removed the window behind passenger seat as it was larger then the slide side. Parked a pickup next to motor home and took Norcold out window and into pickup box. Placed window back in with half the screws and waited for the delivery date... modified cabinet.

Actually had the Home Depot delevery guys place Samsung into MH. They removed the doors...I removed the window and we went up the street where we could back the truck up to the missng window, forming a T if you will.. I was lucky the guys let me proceed as I had it planned... plan B was place in pickup and lift through the window. The deal I made was I would reassemble fridge and complete the install. The rolling platform made up to the height of the opening was a great idea..

Did tip the guys for the extra effort....

Just returned from 3 weeks on the road.. love the fridge..
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:13 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob&AnnaMari View Post
Richard,

Thank you, thank you. This really explains it well. It's folks like you that make this forum the great value it is.

Thanks,
Bob
Ours went through the door just fine. Took out the passenger seat and the hand rail. Took off the door swing arm and tied the door at 180 with a bungee around the mirror. Had the doors off the Samsung and my son-in-law to help. We carried it in without incident. I did put rubber hose sections over the two door latch pins just to make sure there would be no damage from them. Here is a link I did on our installation:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sams...dq-102210.html

You will love the Samsung.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:23 AM   #18

Bob
Looks like I am late again and you have most of the answers already. Before I forget, make sure you put something sturdier underneath your Samsung than the flake board MCC used. Get pressure treated 3/4" plywood, its not 'if' but when it gets wet. Use your drill driver to remove the valence around the window and it all comes off in one piece. One fellow outside to keep window from falling out while the other removes the screws around the trim. There was no silicone on ours. The pickup idea is great, and a friend of mine also tipped HD delivery guys to help. I am thinking a piece of cardboard to protect the window opening/Samsung and that's about it. Its lighter than the Norcold. I have not watched the video but guess it answers your questions. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob&AnnaMari View Post
Since the Norcold is headed for the trash heap, I plan on disassembling it quite a bit to get it out. I plan to remove the cooling unit and take that out separately along with the doors. I figure what is left will not be that awkward. Hopefully I am not wrong.
Assembled, it is quite a bit heavier than the Samsung, but once disassembled without the cooling unit it should be a reasonable weight. It is not awkward, but there is a flange that runs around the face of it, so it will not sit straight up, and the thin lip may not be quite as easy to grab. Leather gloves would be a help.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We were able to take out the passenger seat and opened the door as wide as possible. There is the hook for the lock on the door jam that had to come off along with the cords / hoses that were sticking off the back of the new fridge. It fit thru the door then with no problems. We actually went with a Frigidaire and not the Samsung because of fitting issues thru our door We were quite happy with taking out our Dematic and changing it out.

Tags
door, replace, replacement, window