Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2016, 07:13 AM   #57

Whirlpool WRT 316

Chad - thanks for the response and the information. I think this unit could work well for us. The Admiral actually likes the door config. We'll check some of the big box stores and try to get a look at one.

Although our 1200 is 'working' still, I do worry about it, and I will feel much better with it gone. Next step here is to show the Admiral some of those 'RV Flambe' pics......

thank you again
Wuzaboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzaboater View Post
Chad - thanks for the response and the information. I think this unit could work well for us. The Admiral actually likes the door config. We'll check some of the big box stores and try to get a look at one.

Although our 1200 is 'working' still, I do worry about it, and I will feel much better with it gone. Next step here is to show the Admiral some of those 'RV Flambe' pics......

thank you again
I agree with you 100%. My norcold was still working. Actually has always worked fairly well compared to most people I have read about. I just didn't want mine to take a dump in the middle of a trip and be stuck to a cooler. Also didn't want to spoil a trip because it burned my motorhome up, especially with me in it.

My DW for whatever reason did not like the French door setup. Didn't matter to me. At the level mine is above furnace is absolutely perfect for the fridge. We do not have to bend over at all, perfect height.

Glad I could help. If I can help further let me know.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:11 AM   #59

Dale, here are the pics I said I would take on the PM. I'm not sure it sent the reply PM, if not please let me know and I'll try again. For some reason it doesn't show that I reply to any PM but it usually goes thru.

Chad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466943048092.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	131306   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466943074448.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	131307  

Old 06-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
I was on my 4th NotCold 1200 (first 3 were all replaced under warranty), when that one quit soon after the warranty period ran-out. That was the final straw, and I replaced it with a Samsung.

Taking out the old frig, I was aghast to see that the wood paneling next to the NotCold flue was charred almost all the way thru and you could rub off small pieces of what was essentially charcoal . It had that rippled texture kinda like you'd see when burning a big log.

That right there would have been more than emphasis enough to get rid of the NotCold immediately had I known what was about to happen, even if it still ran great. Fortunately we never experienced an out-and-out fire as some unlucky folks have , but I still get shivers when I realize how close we came to one.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
What is the current draw on these samsungs? Anyone got a photo of the inside label?

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
FMCA U60 Task Force Chairman
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
I was on my 4th NotCold 1200 (first 3 were all replaced under warranty), when that one quit soon after the warranty period ran-out. That was the final straw, and I replaced it with a Samsung.

Taking out the old frig, I was aghast to see that the wood paneling next to the NotCold flue was charred almost all the way thru and you could rub off small pieces of what was essentially charcoal . It had that rippled texture kinda like you'd see when burning a big log.

That right there would have been more than emphasis enough to get rid of the NotCold immediately had I known what was about to happen, even if it still ran great. Fortunately we never experienced an out-and-out fire as some unlucky folks have , but I still get shivers when I realize how close we came to one.
Rustytools, when I pulled the norcold out of mine lots of the insulation wrap around the flue and boiler was bad looking. It was very close to being "charred". I'm guessing the insulation chars and disintegrates and then the heat chars the wood close to it. It was very frightening to see that. I'm sure you were even worse, being that close to a fire. I'm glad I removed mine when I did and never want to go back. Safe travels

Chad
Old 06-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Yup, my 'insulation' was also in very sad shape, didn't know that heat could damage fiberglas and aluminum foil that much but guess it did. I had all of the frig replacements done by the old Monaco Wildwood folks, and I'd trust them enough to let me know if this was a progressive issue (ie, cumulative over 3 replacements). Had to be the last one that did it, and in less than a year.

Somewhere I have some photos of the wood panel. Not gonna bash NotCold and say "they almost killed me" or whatever, but hope it makes other people think twice before bragging their NotCold frig is wonderful and forget it all without an inspection. The fires are a known issue.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post

What is the current draw on these samsungs? Anyone got a photo of the inside label?
Jeff,

I have done a number of power studies with my Samsung RF-197 fridge.

I found that the fridge over a few months during each study would on average use 1.82 KWH's per 24 hour day. So that's 1800 watts a day.

The Energy Sheet that was on the fridge was more conservative than actual use with 447 KWH's per year. My calculation came out to 664 KWH's of energy used.

The newer model Samsung RF18 has a higher power usage due to the new type of compressor they use which is the Digital Inverter Compressor.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Energy Consumption Guide Label.pdf (149.9 KB, 26 views)
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator