Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Samsung RF197 installed in 2004 Windsor

Like the title says, i finished installing a new Samsung RF197 stainless refer in my 2004 Monaco Windsor PDQ floorplan motorhome.

It ended up being a much larger task than i originally envisioned from all the other posts on performing the same changeout.

Highlights: the old Norcold 1200 went out the front door after remoing the cooling unit and doors, and the new fridge came in the front door after removing the doors, icemaker lines, rear cover etc, oh, and the MOTORHOME DOOR!
Wife helped extensively throughout the process, lifting fridge into hole, helping remove cooling unit from Norcold, etc, etc.

Lowlights: scratched the new fridge in a few places after getting it well and truly jammed in the door - which led to the removal of the motorhome door to get it in.
Bought cheap replacement ice maker lines (trashed the originals which came with the fridge during the same "stuck" incident through the door) and burst the line during the first day. Small flood ensued, thankfully never went into the carpet and all ran out the slide.

Here's a link to some pics of the Norcold coming out, Norcold sitting in the lounge, the hole, and the finished fridge installed:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/zp6gvzt8gmhldx3/ThXt7gzyQR
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Good Job Craig. You will be very happy with the results. Looks good too. The biggest thing my wife likes about our 16.5 Cu. Ft. GE clean steel exterior frig. w/icemaker is NO defrosting. We went with a smaller unit and actually have room for a 6" space on the right side for a broom closet. She loves it already and we have only had it in operation for a week trip in August.
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #3

Good looking job Mine will be going in the end of the month along with the Magnum MS 2812 inverter, doing it all at one time.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Great job, Craig!

Welcome to the Samsung Fridge Owners Club. Your only regret will be not having done it sooner.

For anyone reading this thread, it's far more easier to remove the NotSoCold from the coach and bring in the new Samsung fridge through a window than it is the door. Less hassle and no scratches or damage. Which window you choose doesn't matter as they all come apart very easily and go back together just as easy.

Photos attached.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Samsung RF197ACBP.pdf (2.55 MB, 114 views)
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Good looking job Mine will be going in the end of the month along with the Magnum MS 2812 inverter, doing it all at one time.
2 stroker
I also did install a dedicated Xantrex 1000 pure sine wave inverter to run this fridge at the same time (yes, i know it didn't need to be PSW). Still deciding if i want to install an auto-switch to switch between inverter and shore power. I have it sitting here on my kitchen counter. Just dont think i can be bother wiring it in. We boondock more than we are plugged in, so i'm leaning toward just leaving it on the inverter 100% of the time.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Great job, Craig!

Welcome to the Samsung Fridge Owners Club. Your only regret will be not having done it sooner.

For anyone reading this thread, it's far more easier to remove the NotSoCold from the coach and bring in the new Samsung fridge through a window than it is the door. Less hassle and no scratches or damage. Which window you choose doesn't matter as they all come apart very easily and go back together just as easy.

Photos attached.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I'd tend to agree in hindsight. Taking the motorhome door off was a surprise - that sucker is SUPER HEAVY! Nearly dropped it when taking the last screw out - took three of us to carry it.

Should i mention we also removed both captains chairs to get reupholstered, as well as the sofa on the passenger side to get some leather repair done? They obviously also went out the door after removing both handrails either side of the steps.

I feel tired just thinking about it...
Old 09-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
There is another issue we've discovered since installing the Samsung. Our kids both have TT's and want to store stuff in our refer and get ice.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install