Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Screen Door Clips

I have an 03-Monaco Windsor and have several of the screen door clips that are riveted broke. These are black and I found some called Strybuc, but not sure they will fit. These have the tab with a spacer that is riveted to the door.

Also I have a couple of the window lock tabs that are broke and the are riveted on the window. My windows are all slides so the lock holds the window shut.

Thanks in advance.
Poormarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I went to Lowes and bought a sack of those screen door clips. They fit fine and work well. I drilled out the old rivet and put in screws.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:57 AM   #3

Look on eBay under Atwood window latch. They sell repair kits. Make sure you order the right ones though as there are two lengths. The longer one is for double pane windows. All you have to do is drill out the rivet and reinstall with a nut and bolt that is provided in the kit. I lock tighted the nut so it wouldn't loosen once you have the correct tension set.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:40 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks G Schulz. I will see what I can find. Mine are flat blade so I'm not sure if they are discontinued and went to a new design.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #5

As stated you will find them at most hardware stores.

I got tired of that dog & pony show, I had replaced the clips more than once from coming loose and or breaking I also got tired of the screen rattling while going over bumps.

So I decided to remove the screen and take some black silicone sealer and put very small dabs all four corners and one dab on each side reinstalled the screen and tape it in until it dried and removed the tape after 24 hours to dry.

That was a few years ago never came loose and the best part is ....no more rattles, should I decide to remove the screen for whatever reason? the screen can be removed easily with a small plastic pry tool such as these.

https://www.ebay.com/i/292196345404?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Put black plastic screws on the holes to finish it.

Remember use only very small dabs of silicone....otherwise, all bet are off as for getting it out.

Happy Trails
Old 08-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We must be on the same page as that is what I did.
Thanks or the reply.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poormarky View Post
We must be on the same page as that is what I did.
Thanks or the reply.

and I also couldn't think of a reason why one would ever want to remove the screen to start with?

Tags
door, scr