RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Sea Level Gages

I have a 2007 40PDQ Diplomat and was wondering if anyone has installed the Sea Leval system and which model. My current stock system has been checked a couple of times and I have flushed treated and checked all connections and after flushing the tank out it works sometimes.

I would appriciate any feed back.

Thanks,

Del

hardy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #2

I installed the SeeLevel system in our coach over three years ago. It works much better than the Aladdin system in the coach and than the traditional tank level sensors we had in previous rigs. It's nice to know tank levels within 5% when boondocking.

It's not perfect, though. Until our black tank gets about 20% full, it gives incorrect readings. Because both the black and gray tanks are mounted on Styrofoam wedges to aid draining, the SeeLevel sensors don't see the first five gallons of liquid.

Other than that, I am very happy with the system.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks David for the info..I appriciate it. I have just downloaded the manual on the Aladdin system.

Del Dearen
hardy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #4

I should mention that the SeeLevel Aladdin interface is not as accurate as the vanilla SeeLevel display. Using the Aladdin display with the SeeLevel sensors, the displayed values are increasingly too high as the tanks go from 50% to 100% full. For example, our fresh water tank is currently 69% full on the SeeLevel display and 78% on the Aladdin.

I have talked to the folks at SeeLevel about that, and there is no fix. At least there wasn't two years ago.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I installed the Sea Level system in my coach and interfaced it to my Aladdin system and it works very well, both read the same.

I positioned my tank sensors such that they read accurately as they approach full for the Gray and Black tanks and empty for the fresh water tank. This is when I am most interested in what is happening. So I know I have to do something about it.

As far as I am concerned, it is about the best system out there for giving "good" tank indications!
Zbugsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbugsii View Post
I installed the Sea Level system in my coach and interfaced it to my Aladdin system and it works very well, both read the same.

I positioned my tank sensors such that they read accurately as they approach full for the Gray and Black tanks and empty for the fresh water tank. This is when I am most interested in what is happening. So I know I have to do something about it.

As far as I am concerned, it is about the best system out there for giving "good" tank indications!
I installed our sensors the same way. The system is very accurate when I use the SeeLevel display.

I'm glad you posted that your Aladdin and SeeLevel systems display the same values. I'll stop telling folks that they can't. I think I'll contact the manufacturer and see if there is a fix for my system. Since it was one of the first (maybe the first) manufactured, maybe there's a fix.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I am tempted to install an alternative system. Our readings have always been very inaccurate despite 2 attempts to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Because both the black and gray tanks are mounted on Styrofoam wedges to aid draining, the SeeLevel sensors don't see the first five gallons of liquid.
It's not the first 5 gallons that would worry me. I could probably live with that. I would be more concerned about the last 5 - you know what I mean

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone