Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windecker View Post
Paul,

I had the same issue with mine, took the system apart and installed limit switches on the flusher arm coming off of the motor and removed the PC board.

Windecker

Windecker,

The drive arm is $65. I broke one too. There are built in limit switches on the arm that connects to the ball.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #16

It has been many beers ago so I don't recall the details honestly but I installed my own limit switches because the ones that were already installed did not have both NO and NC contacts to connect to. I needed both sets of contacts to make my electro mechanical system work. I am almost positive there was a geometry change I incorporated also.

I also replaced the arm mount bolt with a socket head screw type so the mechanical override was easier to use since my access hole was not even close to lined up on the side of the commode. Both the smaller tool (1/4 inch ball driver) made it line up better and the ball driver allowed for centering offset from the access hole...

A bit embarrassed to show it but this is the schematic I drew up to wire it. Pretty sure it worked as drawn but you know sometimes you draw it and have to move a wire and forget to correct the drawing
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sealand flusher.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	269853

I trust you on the $65.00 arm cost, Honestly, I only remember the feeling of not worth the money at the time.
I just saw my pictures of this repair last weekend but can't seem to find them now!
Good job on the repair, hope it helps others
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
Windecker,

The drive arm is $65. I broke one too. There are built in limit switches on the arm that connects to the ball.

Paul
RV #5 1999 Monaco Signature Slide ISM 11 450
RV #6 2005 Monaco Executive 43PBQ Detroit Series 60
Honda Fit, Odyssey or Cargo trailer in tow.
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Nice solution Windecker!

So far so good on our trip!

Paul
Old 01-18-2020, 02:44 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have made progress in my next version. I added a display for status information rather than the 13 LEDís in the original board.

I made this one the same form factor as the original except that the connectors are on the bottom.

I will have it at Bill Dís Monacoerís Gathering if you are going to be there and would like to see it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0185.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	528.0 KB
ID:	272610Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	272611

Paul
Old 01-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
I have made progress in my next version. I added a display for status information rather than the 13 LEDís in the original board.

I made this one the same form factor as the original except that the connectors are on the bottom.

I will have it at Bill Dís Monacoerís Gathering if you are going to be there and would like to see it.

Attachment 272610Attachment 272611

Paul
So glad, Paul, that you are closer to being able to poop electronically. I'm still in the Dark Ages and having to depress a pedal with my foot. Really strains my 71 year old body sometimes, but I'm muddling through.

See you at the Gathering...and maybe on the way back to NC. Please have Scottish Bangers! (Bangers are Paul and Barb's special sausages that he grills to perfection. Some of you may think Paul's only talent is quaffing huge quantities of ghastly-tasting weird beers, but NAY! He is a grillmeister!)
Southeastern NC
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I guess you really canít teach an old dog new tricks Van.

Weíll have Bangers on board! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Tags
seal, toilet