It has been many beers ago so I don't recall the details honestly but I installed my own limit switches because the ones that were already installed did not have both NO and NC contacts to connect to. I needed both sets of contacts to make my electro mechanical system work. I am almost positive there was a geometry change I incorporated also.
I also replaced the arm mount bolt with a socket head screw type so the mechanical override was easier to use since my access hole was not even close to lined up on the side of the commode. Both the smaller tool (1/4 inch ball driver) made it line up better and the ball driver allowed for centering offset from the access hole...
A bit embarrassed to show it but this is the schematic I drew up to wire it. Pretty sure it worked as drawn but you know sometimes you draw it and have to move a wire and forget to correct the drawing
I trust you on the $65.00 arm cost, Honestly, I only remember the feeling of not worth the money at the time.
I just saw my pictures of this repair last weekend but can't seem to find them now!
Good job on the repair, hope it helps others
Originally Posted by pwhittle
The drive arm is $65. I broke one too. There are built in limit switches on the arm that connects to the ball.