Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Just to let everybody know that there is a place to get your Monaco products serviced in Elkhart. Elkhart Service and Collision located @ 21888 Beck Dr has opened their doors for business. They are able to do warranty work as well as upgrades to your motorhomes. These are Monaco trained techs/painters/bodymen that have gone out and opened up their own shop.

You can call Kathy Wing at 574-389-9999 to set up an appt.

I know the owners that have opened this and they are stand up guys who will go that extra mile for their customers.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Just to let everybody know that there is a place to get your Monaco products serviced in Elkhart. Elkhart Service and Collision located @ 21888 Beck Dr has opened their doors for business. They are able to do warranty work as well as upgrades to your motorhomes. These are Monaco trained techs/painters/bodymen that have gone out and opened up their own shop.

You can call Kathy Wing at 574-389-9999 to set up an appt.

I know the owners that have opened this and they are stand up guys who will go that extra mile for their customers.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Charles, is this the same Kathy that worked at the Monaco Service center in Wakarusa?
Thanks, Dan

2006 Monaco Knight 40DFD
dwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I'm not sure, however knowing that Mike and Bill took the "cream of the crop" with them I'd say it might be.

I'm just thankful that they will be doing warranty work there.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Here's an update on the Elkhart Service and Collision site. We pulled in Monday morning (their hours are 0700- 1530, Monday through Friday) JD Adams is the service manager - previously employed by DeMartini as stated. He really has his stuff together and knows the business - he had all the issues I sent him previously already logged in and we went over each one of them in the coach to clarify everything. They have about 15 bays; actually would be 30 since they are drive through, with room for about 6 coaches in each bay. They have 5 techs onboard - Scott from DeMartini and Rod from Monaco (20 years with them) took on my issues. The inverter was replace in about an hour (JD had it on site when we got there) - Rod removed three cracked floor tiles and will grout them today, tightend one BR slide cable, cleaned up the mess of wires behind the TV feeds, went over the Aladdin system again (my ignorance showed). We stayed in their lot last night with full hook ups (they could park probably 50-60 coaches in their back lot if need be). Today the oil change, grease and genset service all to be done. Refrigerator has a problem with the ice maker and JD has Dometic service tech coming in to get that on line. All and all the service, professionalism of techs and staff is nothing but top notch. They have Monaco techs standing in line to come on board to work but for now the current staff is handling the work load., They have 12 coaches in for service and a handful for body/paint work. After spending a week in Wildwood last fall trying to get a couple of minor issues fixed and leaving after 3 days of waiting this is a wonderful experience. Anyone that has dealt with JD or Scott at DeMartini's can support my praise for their performance - so...... if you are looking for service in this area or don't mind driving a little this is the place to come. They are Monaco/HR factory service authorized and JD knows how to work with all and any extended service plan if need be.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
cb5300,

Thanks for the info. I've passed it on to some HR owners and will post it on the HRRVC Region 6 web site when it is operational on a new server.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Just checked with Kathy and she is the same one that dwhee asked about - she came from the Monaco Service when they closed down.

Added bonus - we were sitting in the coach after a little lunch and having Rod finish up the tile replacement when the local Cummins Tech asked me what year my coach was. He ran a quick check in his on-line system and took care of 2 or 3 upgrades that Monaco has made to their software recently. Also did a slight mod to the engine - JD has the Cummins rep come by once or twice a week to check on the coaches in the shop for any upgrades or mods.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #8

I have an appointment here on Monday. I hope I am impressed after taking off from work and driving 300 plus miles one way and thru Chicago both there and back. So far my two phone conversations have been very good.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ed

We are leaving in the morning, heading for Maryland after being here for 3 days. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. We took a day longer but it was worth it - JD had a Dometic service tech come by and check my inop icemaker. Great results - not only did he find the problem but added a fan in the freezer, replaced the defrost strip, replaced the heating element that releases the ice cubes and did a little here and there to cut back the frost and "splash" from the ice maker filling up. Again one of Kathy and JD's contacts. We stayed right at the site and they ran 50 Amp and water out to the coach for us. Only 300 miles? We drove in from Maine and now heading to Florida via Maryland - good luck and enjoy the area if you haven't been here before.