Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2015, 07:43 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Shoreline Electric Water Hose Won't Wind Up

I have a Shoreline RVW5003 hose reel in our coach. The electric wind up mechanism now seem to slip when winding and I suspect the gear or drive needs to be replaced. I've looked at replacing it and it appears they no longer make this model. Rather than replace and drill new holes I thought I would ask if anyone knows where parts for these could be found?

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2015, 12:30 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Used one for sale

$300 used one

Lead for parts
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
This link is for the power cord reel. I assume the OP meant it when saying he needed the hose reel.

You could try calling them to see if they have it in one of the coaches they are stripping.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #4

Mine failed a few years back. This was while parts were still available. There are plastic gears inside and the small one on the motor split in two. I recall that someone was making replacement metal gears, as this was a common failure point. You might search the Internet to see if you can find that source. I regularly look at this site, as well as the Monacoers and ramblin-pushers yahoo sites, so it was probably in one of those sites.

Dick L, '04 HR Imperial
RCLImperial is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water