Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #15

You are correct the 5 slide was used in 2010 Dynasty,

here is a link to an old ad, ( don't these old web pages ever go away?) some pictures and you can see what the coach look like with all the slides out in one of them

New 2011 Monaco RV Diplomat
strangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post
I did not want to mess with DEF, even though it may not be a real issue. That was just me!
Our 2007 Diplomat was one of the last coaches with a Cummins ISL that did not require DEF. I too had some reservations about it when upgrading to the newer coach. But in the end, the DEF requirement did not turn out to be much of a big deal - a bit inconvenient maybe, but not much more.

You don't need the stuff all that often, it doesn't cost a lot, and it's readily available at all truck stop fueling stations. I carry a 2.5 gal. jug from Walmart for those times when I may be off the beaten path for an extended period of time. That 2.5 gallons of DEF should take me about 800 miles, at a fuel burn of 6.5 mpg. The DEF tank on my coach holds 13 gallons, which equates to over 4000 miles.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangebird View Post
don't these old web pages ever go away?
I guess not, our previous MH is still out there.
New 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C

To keep it on topic, I did the same thing in the above coach. I kept a 2.5 gallon jug of DEF with me at all times. It's like $5 or $6 at Buc-ees.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmc View Post
Any 2009-2010 Monica owners in this forum? I'm Looking at many options in the used market. Thanks to you all on this forum, I know Monaco was struggling a bit in 2009-10 as their business deteriorated.
I'm considering traveling to see a 2010 Diplomat 42SKQ. Although I plan on getting a complete 3rd party top to bottom inspection, Should I stay away? If not, can anyone suggest how can I get a in service history on this rig? Will the "New Monaco" be able to help me?

Thanks in advance!
I have a 2009 Camelot it was built in March of 2008, the coach has been great, with very few issues! The overall build is fantastic and has held up exceptionally well for the last 8 years. Regards
Old 02-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
My Camelot doesn't use DEF! Thanks