Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2016, 05:12 AM   #1

Shower Door Parts??

07 Beaver Marquis. On the bottom of our curved shower door are two spring loaded plastic parts that screw into a slot in the bottom of the door. These parts have a lip that rides along bottom of shower to hold the door in the track to keep it in. The springs in these parts are weak and the door will not stay in the track and when I hit a pothole the door comes off the top track and falls into the shower. I called Beaver in Bend Or and the said maker went out of business. Anyone know where I might find a replacement for these? Can't believe the door hasn't broken as many times as it has fallen off. Twice now crossing the Washington Bridge in NY. Appreciate any assistance.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2016, 05:50 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Yours sounds slightly different than my 2008. I called Monaco and they sent me pictures of the 2 possible parts. Mine uses rollers top and bottom. They wanted about $50 for a set of 4. I bought 2 from eBay for about $10.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #3

My 08 Diplomat has the curved shower it was made by Shower Enclosures America inc Ontario CA 800-536-7324. Called them for the plastic inserts for the handle on the door they sent a complete overhaul kit wheels inserts and washers free of charge. Great customer service 😎
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #4

My curved shower door was made by an Italian co. Who went broke. I understand when an Italian co. Goes BK the government destroys all of the remaining inventory,

Be careful with that curved glass door. Ours fell off of the track while wife was showering. Glass shattered in a thousand pieces. Threw broken glass all the way to the bed. Luckily she had only one deep cut that had to have two stitches. Luckily I found a used door at Northwest RV in Eugene Oregon. So they may have parts also. Look on the glass itself.should be the name of the manufacturer etched in small print.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ours is Italian "Cesana" brand. Parts are available here in the US but extremely expensive. Like over $200 for a door gasket.
cesana@cesana.it - Box doccia, vasche a idromassaggio, cabine doccia, colonne doccia attrezzate, doccia idromassaggio
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:26 AM   #6

shower door

Thanks so much for posts guys. Mine is different, but when I called Beaver they told me it was Italian made. The site shows a door that looks like mine. Going to email them. Thanks again everyone for your posts.

safe travels
Old 06-30-2016, 08:24 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
as a stop gap - how about putting a filler/washer/insert to tighten up the spring until it can be repaired...

good luck !
Old 07-01-2016, 05:10 AM   #8

shower

The darn spring is attached to the plastic and metal in a way I can't get a washer in the spring. I got a couple springs and am going to wrap them around current ones to try and make them stronger?? Got a couple leads on replacement ones.

safe travels and have a great 4th
Old 07-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
On mine I can adjust the top rollers (on a concentric) to raise the door up about 1/2" to help keep the bottom pins in the track. When adjusted up the bottom pins can't get out of the track. Driving will slowly drop the adjustment with bumps and I have to readjust the top again after a year or so. Also the top bar where the rollers roll seams to droop and the rollers don't roll smooth. If I push up hard on the bar (over the shower opening) and bend it up just a little the rollers roll very smooth.

Dave
Old 07-02-2016, 04:29 AM   #10

shower

I did notice the rollers seemed a little odd. Didn't notice that they could be adjusted to ride higher. Thanks very much for the tip Dave.

have a great 4th
Old 07-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
A 1/4" drive socket and a screwdriver, Loosen the nut then turn the screw and the door will raise and fall. The screw is a concentric for adjustment of the door. A week spring should not make a difference as mine can not get out of the track when door is adjusted high. Check that door fits flush when closed...

Good Luck
Dave

Tags
shower, door, parts