RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Shower door rollers

2 of the four adjustable shower door rollers broke on my Monaco Cayman. Does anyone know where I can find replacements? Can't take a shower...

mscress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #2

I don't know for sure but I think Lowes has a replacement that will work. At least worth a shot. I know many of the Tiffin coaches use the same rounded shower ad Monaco. At least like the one in my 07 Neptune. Good luck
Chad

onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestion, we have tried Lowes, Home Depot.OSH, ACE and True Value, they all have "shower door rollers" but nothing simlar to ones on the door now which are classified as "self adjusting"?

We tracked down the show manufactruer SEA of America, in Ontario California, will see if they can assist us?

Regards,
Old 09-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #4

How did they break? Just so I watch for mine
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
See if you can find out what brand of shower enclosure it is. Most are made by SEA (Shower Enclosures of America, Inc.). If it is then they will probably be able to help.
Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I found mine at CR Laurence - www.crlaurence.com
They have a HUGE on line catalog, but with some patience, I found an exact match.
Good luck,
Mike
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Found SEA they are in Ontario CA have left a voice message for their Parts Manager, hopefully will hear back from them today, Monday 23 Septmeber 2013?

Another question for you, we purchased our2008 Cayman in August and am interested in joining a Monaco Owner Club?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Was coming back to Southern California from Bend Oregon, where we bought the coach in August, when we heard a rattle and a crash in the rear of the coach,, when we got home found the shower door laying in the shower itself, one of the adjustable rollers on the botton and one on the top, each of which had the actual white nylon/plastic roller snapped off the fitting shaft?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
I found mine at CR Laurence - www.crlaurence.com
They have a HUGE on line catalog, but with some patience, I found an exact match.
Good luck,
Mike
Thanks for the suggestion, will certainly follow up, even have the local Mike Thompson RV Center Parts guys trying to source the parts?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscress View Post
Was coming back to Southern California from Bend Oregon, where we bought the coach in August, when we heard a rattle and a crash in the rear of the coach,, when we got home found the shower door laying in the shower itself, one of the adjustable rollers on the botton and one on the top, each of which had the actual white nylon/plastic roller snapped off the fitting shaft?
Have just been going through this here. We repaired the shower doors multiple times (saved the rollers, put them back on the track, rehung the doors, then they come apart again). Looked like a replacement would be $500 plus labor? Finally removed the whole assembly last weekend, bought a stylish shower rod and shower curtain, will use for the first time this weekend.

saved the shower door assembly in case the shower curtain doesn't work, but hopefully will be done with the hassles.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscress View Post
Had the same thing happen to me. Shower door jumped off it's tracks and fell into shower "in one piece". Found no matter how tight my adjustment is the shower door still jumps in its tracks while underway. Solved the problem by using two adjustable padded clamps to secure the shower door to the frame while traveling. Problem solved . . . for now!
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question shower door rollers part deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmason View Post
Had the same thing happen to me. Shower door jumped off it's tracks and fell into shower "in one piece". Found no matter how tight my adjustment is the shower door still jumps in its tracks while underway.
Solved the problem by using two adjustable padded clamps to secure the shower door to the frame while traveling. Problem solved
. . . for now!
terrific idea using adjustable padded clamps

by the way SEA in Ontario CA sent me 4 new replacement rollers free of charge, can't beat that with a stick?

whree did you get the padded clamps and what do they look like?
Old 01-15-2015, 02:37 AM   #13

Search for Shower Door Rollers here: Shower door rollers and wheels. Replacement shower runners
arthurddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I found that if you cut a piece of heater hose (5/8 I think). place in lower track and a piece in the up right between the door and the glass partition your door will be snug and a easy cure.

Tags
door, shower