Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Shower faucet leak

I have a 2004 HR Ambassador. My shower faucet is leaking only when I pull up the lever for the shower. Any ideas on how to access and fix the leak or replace the faucet assembly?
Burkholb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #2

I have a 03 dynasty and my bathroom shower access door is behind the sliding door in the bedroom on the back of the shower wall. Look on the other side of the wall that the faucet is on and see if there is an access panel.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
To get a useful answer I think you must be more specific. I am sure that the HR Ambassador 2004 came in different layouts. I do know that a lot of shower faucets can only be reached through a hatch from the kitchen area. My Diplomat is like that, and before getting to that hatch I would have to remove a mirror that is glued/taped to the wall where the hatch sits behind. Not the smartest way to access a vital part like the faucet in my humble opinion. I would really like to replace mine with a faucet that has a thermostat. This way I wouldn't have to waste so much water trying to get the right temperature.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
I have a kitchen slide and access is in the lower cabinet. Screwed in panel. with slide out.
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkholb View Post
I have a 2004 HR Ambassador. My shower faucet is leaking only when I pull up the lever for the shower. Any ideas on how to access and fix the leak or replace the faucet assembly?
Can you post a picture of your faucet, & where`s it`s leaking -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When is a leak not a leak?

If the shower head is on a long hose, some, if not most, are designed to release, ie leak the water out of the hose and handle as soon as the water is turned off. If yours is leaking while in use that is a different issue.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #7

Thanks to all who responded. On the Ambassador I have 4 slides. The bathroom is not part of the slides. The shower is located on the left as you go through the door. The faucet/diverter is located to the right (as you open the shower door) and mounted on the shower basin/mini-tub. There are two vents located on the outside of the basin/tub one on the front and one located on the right close to the faucet. The vents are only air vents and not connected to anything. The one on the right is somewhat accessible but a real tight fit to get a screw driver in to remove the retaining screws. The bathroom sink/hot water tank cabinet allows only about 6 inches clearance. I haven't gained access to it yet but when I do I will let you know if this access allows you to get at the faucet.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Where is the leak and you said "When I pull up the lever" what does the lever do?

Where: Behind the wall (inside the wall)
At one of the handles
At the connection point between faucet and hose (Assuming it is a "Telephone" or Wand type shower)
Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #9

Shower Faucet Leak Fixed

Thanks again to all who responded. I finally gained access through a small vent on the right side of the shower/tub basin. I had to remove the small vent covering and a "L" shaped cover that was protecting the water pipes coming from the water heater. You almost have to be a contortionist to get at the faucet from this location but it is doable. I got the old faucet off and the new one installed.
Let me know if you want more detail on how I did it. I'll try and get some pictures to post.

Tags
leak, shower