Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2016, 10:18 AM   #29

I have experienced a situation before in Colorado where we are heating
the coach and taking showers and my aqua hot struggles to keep up .
When the incoming water is really cold it makes a big difference .
Some time using water from your tank that might be warmer can help .
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Same with us as far as the switching. Diesel does not bother the neighbors, at least they said no when I asked them.

Actually it bothers me more. those AH systems stink and that's a fact

MH are not air tight and if the breeze is the wrong way its stinks
no smoke at all very clean burning but too stinky for me
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Shower water

This has to be one of the top forums on the internet for information, Priceless! Thanks again for everyone's input, you have all helped/contributed to solving a lot of unanswered questions for me and probably many others. Great Country, great people. Happy Holidays, owning a RV is an adventure at times especially when things break down, sometimes it can be very trying on your patience but with friends like you guys, it just a matter of time for us to be back in the drivers seat Semper Fi
Navion 24J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Mike, Unfortunatly newer models don't work like that. Wish they did!

Sometime between your model and mine, A.H decided to use just one thermostat. Your burner, and electric element both fire up at the same time. Guess which one wins .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
That seems to be how mine works. If the diesel is on everyone that takes over
Good to know. Thanks guys. One more question, are your's Aqua-Hot or the Hydro-Hot models that both run at the same time? The reason I ask is because I now in the 2003 models there were a few changes, one being the domestic water line on the pre-2003 models runs on the exterior of the boiler tank and 2003-current the domestic line runs inside the boiler tank. One other difference is the pre-2003 model, such as mine, there are four Klixon or thermostats for controlling the boiler temperature, two for the electric side and two for the diesel side and the electric low side Klixon is about 5 degrees higher than the diesel low side Klixon to function like I explained earlier.

On the later model there are only three Klixon T-stats to control both the electric AND the diesel but on the later model Aqua-Hot unit I worked on in a Foretravel it still functioned the same manner in that the diesel burner didn't come on unless the electric element couldn't keep up.

I just want to keep the info straight in my head.

Thanks.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #33

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well, on mine, the cabinet is painted white, and says Aqua Hot 450D.
The owners manual has a sticker on the cover saying Aqua Hot, but you can read Hydro Hot under the sticker.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Well, on mine, the cabinet is painted white, and says Aqua Hot 450D.
The owners manual has a sticker on the cover saying Aqua Hot, but you can read Hydro Hot under the sticker.
OK. Thanks. The other one I worked on was the newer model (post-2003) but it was still the stainless steel cabinet.

Thanks again for the information. Again, I like to keep them updated in my head and the more information the better.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #35

I had the same exact problem and I ended up getting information from a very knowledgeable rep at AquaHot that solved my problem. First, he pointed out that if the outside temperature is below 50 degrees that using the electric side is ineffective in keeping the water warm more than a few minutes. He recommended using the diesel side. Just as important was the fact that my concentration of coolant was incorrect. The rep had my service provider remove 6 gallons of coolant and replaced it with distilled water. He mentioned that the premix instructions on the coolant labels are incorrect. My service provider was highly skeptical about this input but it turned out that the AquaHot rep was totally correct much to the surprise of my service provider. It has worked great ever since.
Monacofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacofan View Post
I had the same exact problem and I ended up getting information from a very knowledgeable rep at AquaHot that solved my problem. First, he pointed out that if the outside temperature is below 50 degrees that using the electric side is ineffective in keeping the water warm more than a few minutes. He recommended using the diesel side. Just as important was the fact that my concentration of coolant was incorrect. The rep had my service provider remove 6 gallons of coolant and replaced it with distilled water. He mentioned that the premix instructions on the coolant labels are incorrect. My service provider was highly skeptical about this input but it turned out that the AquaHot rep was totally correct much to the surprise of my service provider. It has worked great ever since.
So what ratio did the AquaHot rep recommend?
Old 12-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob&AnnaMari View Post
So what ratio did the AquaHot rep recommend?
40% coolant
Monacofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacofan View Post
40% coolant
Interesting. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:37 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Interesting enough, I just talked to the Colorado Aqua Hot service today. Seems I have a dead circulation pump which is still on warranty as my Aqua Hot is less than two years old. It is the second one to fail since I had a new Aqua Hot installed in 2015. Very costly.

So I asked what the concentration of pink coolant to distilled water should be. I was told 30-50%. If you have it too concentrated it will cause the symptoms you are speaking of. I am going to have the pump install tech use a refractometer and test mine as soon as I find one here in Phoenix.

Tags
shower