Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Side by side Fridg

This must be a dumb question, but here goes anyway. I have a 2011 Knight with a FGHC2335LE0 Frigidaire. Problem is I have ice but no water comes out the dispenser. Question is How does the water get into the door? There is no obvious way it can. I think it comes out from the ice maker, but that would freeze the water. Can't be that.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #2

Google is your friend. Try this:

Product Support & Manuals

There is trouble shooting and installation information in the manuals. There is also a number to call with questions.

FWIW I have not seen your unit but I would guess that water does not go into the door. Rather the design of the door closes over the ice and water dispenser in a way that lets you get it through the door. That might include a lever or button that actuates something inside when the door is closed.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
Water line come up through the bottom hinge (freezer door). You may have a bad inlet water valve. wiring at the top hinge on the freezer door under the cap, or a Module dispenser. Some time the water line will become frozen in the fresh food compartment behind the crisper, there is a cover that has to be remove to see it.
The water line also can get frozen in the door. Best way to start out is to pull the toe plate below the doors you will fine the water line, there is a disconnect take that apart. Then try to get water you will need something to catch water if it come out the hose, If water come out the water line is froze in the door, no water listen for the noise of the water valve coil bussing sound. If no sound it may be the micro switch in the module dispenser. after this point you may have to pull the refrigerator out if there is no rear service. Inlet valve Part #242252702 cost about $83 you can fine it on the inter net for less. #8 is the Module picture below. $135
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
I thought the water needed to come in somewhere, but, I couldn't see how. I see now that the only way would be the hinge. I'll check into it when we get home in 2 weeks. Thanks
Old 12-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #5

I'm with R&J. The water comes in the back from a solenoid valve, goes through a chilling bladder in the refer then runs (via a tube) into the bottom hinge of your freezer door and up and out the spout in the dispenser. I think your problem is most likely the valve in the back. (At least this is the part that I have had to replace on other refrigerators.) You can confirm this by noticing the absence of any clicking sound when you press on the dispenser for cold water.

Unfortunately, Frigidaire has a combined unit for both the water and ice maker so you have to purchase both valves (as a unit). As R&J noted, the part number is 242252702. I found it on Appliance Parts Pro (where I buy all my replacement parts) for $59.12. If you use a water filter in line with your water and ice maker I doubt it is something that is clogged. It is possible that you have a bad switch in the dispenser head, but this problem is usually the valve.

The video halfway down the Appliance Parts Pro page should be very helpful in showing you where this valve is located and how to replace it. (Since it appears that the original connectors have been replaced with a new type of connector.)

Hope this helps,
Bob
Old 12-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob&AnnaMari View Post

Unfortunately, Frigidaire has a combined unit for both the water and ice maker so you have to purchase both valves (as a unit). As R&J noted, the part number is 242252702. I found it on Appliance Parts Pro (where I buy all my replacement parts) for $59.12. If you use a water filter in line with your water and ice maker I doubt it is something that is clogged. There is really nothing in the dispenser head to go wrong. You just have a tube exiting there for the water to come out of. All the control is in the back with the valve previously mentioned.

Hope this helps,
Bob
Last winter I had to replace the valve manifold because it cracked from the freezing. Easy fix, but I could have prevented it. Also my fridge filter froze and broke.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
Last winter I had to replace the valve manifold because it cracked from the freezing. Easy fix, but I could have prevented it. Also my fridge filter froze and broke.
Are we talking about your RV manifold, or the refrigerator manifold? (I ask, because when I think of manifold, I think of our water distribution manifold where I had to replace an end cap due to freeze damage. So, I want to be clear here.)

If you mean refer manifold, did the water work after you replaced it? If not, maybe one of the wires is not tight.

Just a thought.