Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Signature brake rotor replacement

Hello Everyone. I have hairline cracks in three of four rotors of my 2004 Signature, has anyone had their rotors and pads changed that could share what I should budget for such a job. I will have my mechanic do the work. Thanks for any insight.
Dunbarthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2018, 04:21 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have the Bendix ADB22X disc brakes?

If so, the rotors are around $250 https://www.anythingtruck.com/produc...531802569.html
note that small hairline cracks may be able to be machined out of the rotors as long as the rotors have the min thickness required.

The brake pads run around $115/set. https://www.anythingtruck.com/produc...571369330.html
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My rotors also have hairline cracks. The Bendix guide says as long as the cracks are not over .60" wide and do not extend to the outer edge they are acceptable.
Wear limits:
Pads are 1.181 in. (30 mm.) thick when new and must be replaced when they reach 0.433 in. (11 mm.).
Rotors are 1.77 in. (45 mm.) thick when new and must be replaced when they reach 1.46 in. (37 mm.).

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bendix ADB22X Disc Brakes (Front).pdf (2.46 MB, 38 views)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
My rotors also have hairline cracks. The Bendix guide says as long as the cracks are not over .60" wide and do not extend to the outer edge they are acceptable.
Wear limits:
Pads are 1.181 in. (30 mm.) thick when new and must be replaced when they reach 0.433 in. (11 mm.).
Rotors are 1.77 in. (45 mm.) thick when new and must be replaced when they reach 1.46 in. (37 mm.).

Thanks for this!!
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I missed a 0. Should be .060" wide.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:25 PM   #6

I just found out that my rotors are also cracked but mine are on the rear. My Rig is a 1999 Monaco Signature 42' and I need to know a part # or chassis # to order the rotors and pads also if needed axle seals if the axles need pulled. Please any help would be appreciated the wife said no road time until it is fixed.
Thank You in advance Les Birch
Les Birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #7

Got 2 new rotors from OTT Friction; think they are in Bend Oregon.
Not cheap might have been $700 ea.
Josams did the job; repacked FWB also.
My rotors were seriously craze-cracked and made noise going down the road.
They still worked ok, but had to go.
I noticed the Jake was inoperative when I bought the coach due to the floor pedal microswitch failed.
The former owner did alot of mountain driving and this overheated the front rotors.
I now stay off the service brakes as much as possible and use the Jake.
Daytonaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
2004 Monaco Signature hairline cracks in rotors

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for the invaluable information, particularly the data on what constitutes a crack bad enough to warrant replacement. I am going to take my rig to a proper truck shop and have the job done. Once its paid for I'll re-post with details.
Cheers
Old 06-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #9

Curious

I have a 2005 Signature that all the rotors were severely cracked when i bought it. Found out when i put new tires on. Previous owner burnt them in 26,000 miles. We had a terrible time trying to find new rotors. Bendix actually had to make 2 for me. Took for ever to get and was a huge expense. Hope you had better luck.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
2004 Monaco Signature rotor cracks

Clayton,
Thanks for that, very interesting. I haven't done anything as the moho is in storage until I head south for the winter. I had planned to stop-in at a trucks shop, have them get all the numbers they require, order the parts and when they had everything I would return for the actual work to be done.

I'll let you know how it goes when the work is done.

Tags
ace, brake, replace, replacement