RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Silver Leaf 330 In Dash

I am impressed with the data on the new Silver Leaf 330 - anyone have one or know of anyone - what about the cost? This unit fits right into the dash where the camera is. Thanks Clarence
CLarence39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Clarence.....A lot of us use the SilverLeaf program. Their dash units are very expensive, that's why its so hard to find a price on their website. Their indash units are about $1500.00 +. I couldn't find the price on the new 330 unit which overlays your monitor.

If you didn't know, you can download their computer program to your laptop for FREE. You can play with it and see how it works, but in order to use it on a laptop, you need their cable. Its a cable that connects to the OBDII port under your dash and to your computer with a USB connector. The cable is about $300.00. I bought a $200.00 7" notebook computer and their cable and run the notebook at the left corner of my dash.

With all that said, I wouldn't own a DP without running the SilverLeaf VMSPC program.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don,
To hi-jack this thread for a moment, was it you that changed-out your tranny temp sensor in order to achieve the 181-degree reading that I'm seeing in the picture above? If so, can you reference that thread here at IRV2 and/or state again what part number (and source) got your tranny temp reading to some semblance of reality? My temp reading on my gauge never leaves the left peg of the meter.
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Robi......The SilverLeaf program gets all of its readings directly from the engine computer. That's what makes the SilverLeaf so great.

If your stock gauge has the low to high markings, the new sending unit will work. If yours is a numbered gauge like mine, the new sensor will make it read to high on the Monaco dash gauge.

The new sensor also has a longer shaft (probe) then the stock one did. Since the sensor is installed right in the middle of the tranny hose fitting, I was concerned it would restrict the flow of trans fluid.

If yours is a low to high and you want to change it, you can have the sensor I bought. I would just have to remember where I put it.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Don what type bracket did you install for the small 7" laptop? and do you have any pictures so I can see what you did. Thanks for your help. Clarence
CLarence39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Clarence....Here is the link to how I built the bracket/shelf. I used oak for the base, but later didn't like how it looked. I bought a white fiber cutting board from Target, cut it to size and then sprayed it flat black. It looks better because the base blends into the black of the computer base and its thinner.

A tablet would have been a cleaner computer to use, but was too pricey. The HP notebook I used also has a 12 volt power cord available as an accessory. It makes for an easy power connection.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/vmsp...ect-71163.html
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #7

VMS 330 Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLarence39 View Post
I am impressed with the data on the new Silver Leaf 330 - anyone have one or know of anyone - what about the cost? This unit fits right into the dash where the camera is. Thanks Clarence
The VMS 330 is 1295.00.

Dale Kemper
Service Director
Silverleaf Electronics Inc
drkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Clarence, I have a VMS 330, with the pressure pro inteface, intalled in my Newmar since 2009 and love it. If you have a back-up camera screen that has multiple inputs they connect the 330 unit to that screen. The back-up, or side turn cameras over-ride the VMS signal when activated. The VMS 330 has a little less functionality (on screen read-outs) than the more expensive models, I find it a great compromise to not having to have another monitor, or laptop installed in the cockpit area. There were a couple of data points that I wanted but were not on the menu, I talked with Silverleaf, schedules an appointment and they installed modified software to give me the data I was interested in at no charge so the company is good to work with. I am totally satisfied with my 330, and if I had to to it over again I would. Get all the data I need and then some between the 330 and digital (scan guage) readout. Get the data on the back-up camera screen rather than having another screen or black box. I would highly recommend this product.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #9

SilverLeaf

I just recently had the 330 Alladin replacement installed at Lazydays Rv inTampa with Dale Kemper supervising the install.It is a very technical process which required about 16 hrs labor with his assistance.The results were worth the effort and cost considering the amount of information available as an overlay on your Kenwood radio screen.The info includes various engine parameters including any diagnostic faults in plain english, also all necessary house electrical,tank levels, water compartment and outside temp, and detailed trip info . The necessary parts cost was approx $ 3800 plus the labor.
Tom&Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've used the VMSpc on both our DSDP's, also run it on a netbook that I Velcroed to my fabric dash cover. Haven't tried running MS Streets and Trips at the same time on the netbook. I did do that on my regular laptop but now I have a separate GPS.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash