Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #29
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks - it look nice!

Dr4Film: Thank you for posting the pictures. You have done a semi-permanent mount. I'm sure it is very well secured.
Regards,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2015, 07:09 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy2 View Post
Here goes. What is the smallest tablet I can use and still see the silver leaf gauges and data. I am hoping an 8 inch will work as I'd like to read books on it when not rolling.
It really all depends on your eyesight and the minimum size text you can see.

You can get a rough approximation fairly easily: get the screen dimensions of the tablet you want to use. Then on your regular computer start up VMSpc, resize the window to those dimensions (hold a ruler up to the screen while resizing) and then lay out the controls. Look at it from what will be your normal viewing distance and see if you can read everything easily. Remember, your goal is to be able to read it easily and quickly, you don't want to have to study the screen while driving.

When you go to an actual tablet, there are likely to be some differences, but if you can see it easily in this quick test, odds are it will work out OK on the tablet. But if the layout you want to use is too difficult to read during this test, then you will probably want to go with a bigger screen.

I've tried a fairly complex layout on an 8" tablet, and it was reasonably readable even with my not-so-great eyes.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #31
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Unfortunately as I found out, the year purchased doesn't necessarily mean that is also the date of the maps.

You can verify your map data as follows:
Menu -> scroll to Settings -> scroll to About CoPilot. You should see line entries for Data and Cities. After each one of those you should see a series of letters followed by a series of numbers. The first four digits of the number will be the year of your maps.
Bob: I hadn't used mine for a few months. When I turned on today, I got a prompt for update, which I did (1.9gb download). I don't quite get the options you outlined above, but did get to look at ...\North America\Cities folder and all files show a date of 11/3/2013.
I understand and agree what you are saying about map update datee are not necessarily the date of the programs.
I hope this helps. If there is something else you want me ti check please let me know
Old 02-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Bob: I hadn't used mine for a few months. When I turned on today, I got a prompt for update, which I did (1.9gb download). I don't quite get the options you outlined above, but did get to look at ...\North America\Cities folder and all files show a date of 11/3/2013.
I understand and agree what you are saying about map update datee are not necessarily the date of the programs.
I hope this helps. If there is something else you want me ti check please let me know
I just noticed you previously mentioned that you have the truck version. I was referring to the standard version, so there is obviously a difference.

Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for checking and passing on the info.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #33
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I just noticed you previously mentioned that you have the truck version. I was referring to the standard version, so there is obviously a difference.

You are welcome. I really like the Copilot Live for Trucks. Having it installed on the same PC as the SilverLeaf, while they both work fine, it is not very convenient switching from one to another. Although as nice as it is to have the SilverLeaf visible at all times, it really isn't necessary. So, I would have the CoPilot on much of the time and switch to SilverLeaf every hour or so for a few minutes.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
You are welcome. I really like the Copilot Live for Trucks. Having it installed on the same PC as the SilverLeaf, while they both work fine, it is not very convenient switching from one to another. Although as nice as it is to have the SilverLeaf visible at all times, it really isn't necessary. So, I would have the CoPilot on much of the time and switch to SilverLeaf every hour or so for a few minutes.
In case you might be interested, there is a pretty easy way to switch between two applications on the PC. I am currently running Silverleaf and Microsoft S&T, and this is what I use.

First go to Logitech Setpoint Drivers 6.65.62 Driver - TechSpot and download the Logitech Setpoint software. On that page you will see a list of compatible mice, I happen to use this one Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX for PC and Mac: Computers & Accessories You will notice there is a button just behind the scroll wheel.

Once you install the Setpoint software, you can use it to configure that button to be an Application Switcher (same as pressing Alt-Tab) on your computer. Each time you press it it will switch between your Silverleaf and CoPilot screens.

I installed an additional cup holder where I put the mouse. Makes it very easy to switch screens with my left hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mouse 001.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	85560  
Old 02-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
New to me VMSpc

Hello all,

I am very thankful my friend Dennis DTBT notified me a VMSpc unit was for sale and I quickly jumped on it. I've wanted one since I purchased the rig but between other things for the coach and the race car I couldn't justify it. I had to fix a few gauges when I first purchased the coach and they all work great now so I thought I'd keep looking at ebay etc. my buddy Dennis showed me one for $135 bucks for a Brand new looking USB model.

I've built a few "templates" for a 99 ISC 330, has anyone made a really awesome one? If so I'd love to get a copy of the setup so I could clone it. I haven't decided on a smaller tablet yet I have a few Dell laptops I can use until I find the right one. I'm really excited, I couldn't pass that up for $135.

Thanks Dennis I owe you a cold beverage of your choice!
Tomjhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:38 PM   #36

Spartan Chassis
[QUOTE=BobGed;2414272]Attached is a pic of my setup running on a HP Omni 10 tablet. I used to run the same screen layout on Dell 9" notebook. It worked fine, but the boxes were just slightly smaller.[/QUOT

bob.. What are you using for a mount? Looks like it fits into a cup holder..
Thanks
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:10 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I didn't want to drill any holes in the factory woodwork, so I cut and stained some strips that I inserted between the base and raised portion of the cup holder to serve as a base. I then used RAM mount parts to hold the tablet to that base.

Here are a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tablet base 001.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	86625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tablet base 002.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	86626  

Name:	Tablet base 004.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	86627  
Old 02-21-2015, 06:54 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
I cut and stained some strips that I inserted between the base and raised portion of the cup holder to serve as a base.
Very nice solution!
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #39
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
In case you might be interested, there is a pretty easy way to switch between two applications on the PC. I am currently running Silverleaf and Microsoft S&T, and this is what I use.

First go to Logitech Setpoint Drivers 6.65.62 Driver - TechSpot and download the Logitech Setpoint software. On that page you will see a list of compatible mice, I happen to use this one Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX for PC and Mac: Computers & Accessories You will notice there is a button just behind the scroll wheel.

Once you install the Setpoint software, you can use it to configure that button to be an Application Switcher (same as pressing Alt-Tab) on your computer. Each time you press it it will switch between your Silverleaf and CoPilot screens.

I installed an additional cup holder where I put the mouse. Makes it very easy to switch screens with my left hand.
WHAT A NICE TRICK! Thanks for posting it.
Actually, now that I have my Affinity I don't have a need for my VMSpc. If someone is interested in purchasing it I will have the PC (Dell Inspiron Mini), VMSpc Cable, and the CoPilot - all a very reasonalble price - PM me if anyone interested
All the best!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Bob I have had Copilot Premium HD for a couple yrs maybe more and its the best map programs I have ever had, cost was about $10 with free updates, the Truck program is probably a lot better but the price last time I looked was around $100.
I run Copilot on my I pad.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote