Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2021, 09:01 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question Slide control

no power going to the slide switch on our 99 Monaco Windsor there is power at the water pump switch also at the monitor panel power at the relay in the rear electrical compartment all fuses in the driver side electric compartment good it was working when the coach was last used if I run a jumper wire to the switch the slide works unable to find where the slide switch gets its power supply from all the safety switches in the basement compartments work and have power to them
oilcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2021, 06:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure what the difference may be on a 1999 vs 2002 but here are a couple things to check
Each door under the slide has an inhibitor switch that senses when the door is closed. When my slide doesn't move the first thing I try is slamming all the doors shut.
I have a slide control module that is located in my passenger side rear electrical bay. It is fastened to the door of that first compartment. Looks like this https://rvpartsexpress.com/product/k...kibsoc1020awd/ there is a fuse that blows occasionally I think its a 5 amp.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Jim J
thanks for the reply I have already checked the safety switch's on the basement doors under the slide there is power at both switches just to be sure by passed both with a couple 15 amp fuses still nothing from what I could find on that board you mentioned it is for coaches with more than one slide other than a few cosmetic items I think the only difference between a 99 and a 02 is 99 only single slide whereas the 02 will have 2 slides thanks for the reply will keep looking for now Ive just added a power source to the switch from another wire in the monitor/slide switch compartment
Old 11-10-2021, 07:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The module that I put a link to can also be used on one slide.
My generator is mounted on a slide and it used the same module, it is mounted in my front drivers side electrical bay.

I'm not sure why they use the module but figure there is a reason. In It may actually limit the amperage draw when moving the slide so that your not blowing fuses.

If you don't have a module the only thing you can look for is a fuse/connection/relay problem. The motor pulls a lot of amps so the low amperage switch sends a signal to a relay that closes a higher amp circuit to move the slide. These relays can go bad.

You'll have to trace wires somehow. Buy a good fox and hound type tracer (I had a problem and needed one quick so I bought a harbor freight model that does not work great for detail work)
Old 11-10-2021, 08:24 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
On my 06 windsor, the slides (including the generator) are tied through the nason switch on the parking brake plunger. If the nason switch fails, (very common) the slides won't work.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:38 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Good point on other potential problems.

In my front drivers side electrical bay there is s Slide Disable relay 5 amp fuse.

On the previous post regarding the slide out control module there is a disable relay on it also, besides the 5 amp fuse.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:03 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
will have to check some more but I have no panel above the inverter that I can see the only other thing that showed up when I turned the step switch on and turn the ignition switch to on the steps do not retract the fuse in the electrical compartment on the left front indicates the same fuse for the step and the slide will check some more tomorrow under the step as there is a lot of wiring going there and it is all tapped up
Old 11-11-2021, 12:19 AM   #8

I assume you checked the hydraulic pump system is good? Just the switch is not getting power? Maybe you should change the switch as well? It might be rare for switches to fail, not it could happen.
Sinyyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide