Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2020, 10:58 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slide Gap at Top Inside

Need some help please. 2006 Monaco Diplomat. Was lying in bed this morning & realized there was sunlight coming in at one corner in the top of the slide. I checked to see if there was anything in the way & nothing there. Tried bringing in & opening again, no help. It's tight at the bottom & the left top (from the inside) but a 1-2" gap at the right top. I looked outside & it doesn't look out of wack at all. If anyone has ideas, that would be great. TIA
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Wanted to edit my post, but couldn't figure out how to do it. After some more checking, I realized there is a gap almost the whole way down.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #3

I'm curious what it looks like ...it's a 1-2" vertical gap all the way down the slide corner?

Can you take some pictures and post them here in the thread?

(And the reason you couldn't edit your post is that they only give you about a one hour window to self-edit your post. I see that the time difference between your opening post and the second one is over 3 hours.)
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info about editing. I can't take a picture of the actual gap inside, bc that slide is right by the corner. I'm going to try to post the pic I took of the sun showing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200809_101227.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	296492  
Old 08-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
do the easiest first. Older monacos have had a real issue with rot on the bottom of the slide from water damage. If you do have rot, the rollers will dig in and the entire slide could drop down. It doesn't take much.

From outside with the slide out, look at the condition of the bottom of the slide. If all looks well, then we can go to the next step.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Is this a dresser slide, that is cable driven?

If so, try giving the 4 cables a tug. See if any are way lose, or broken.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Definitely know about the floor rot, had to fix on the other side of the coach. So far, this slide floor looks fine. Also, yes, it is a dresser slide but no cables.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Pull the slide all the way in. Look and see if 1. outside paint lines up and 2. see if slide is sealing properly up against coach exterior. Depending on what you find, you'll likely need to identify what type rollers you have and how they are mounted (on coach or on slide)

It's possibly the rollers just need adjusting. The particular rollers that I have on that slide can't be adjusted with weight on them (the adjust threads will just strip out)

Several years ago, my rollers on that slide failed. I had to take the slide out to access and replace the rollers, not a fun job, but doable.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for the suggestions. I was able to get a mobile repair guy to take a look & he quickly figured out the problem. We just had new floors put in the RV & it seems they left a big gap where that particular roller goes. So it was falling into a hole & not allowing it to open completely. Since the company that did this really should have known better, we will be having a serious discussion about that & a couple other things they did/didn't do correctly. that will be happening tomorrow. Again, thank you
Old 08-11-2020, 09:45 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
We just had new floors put in the RV & it seems they left a big gap where that particular roller goes. So it was falling into a hole & not allowing it to open completely.
That was going to be my next question !

Tags
slide