Originally Posted by RichLove
When we got home from Quartzsite notice driver side slide was out approx 2'',so I closed it got up next morning it was back out 2'' I open the slide all the way close it about 10am ck it at 9pm still close ck it a next morning at 8 am it was open 2''. Any thoughts what might be happening. Thanks for any help. Also this is a Lippert hydraulic. Rich
Not knowing what brand slide you have hopefully this will help "IF" yours is hydraulic.
My front DS slide was out like yours and i did a search for my slide, Equalizer" and found trouble shooting for drifting slide.
Click Here for equalizer link
I followed their procedure exactly only to have it drift again.
A call to Equalizer and they mentioned that it was not uncommon to have to do the bleed 3 or 4 times. He also mentioned i only needed to do the slide bleed.
The Slide-Out Extending (drifting) from Stowed Position is an Indication of a Loss of System Pressure in The Common Retract Circuit. This Retraction Pressure Holds the Leveling Jacks Stowed and the Slide-Out Rooms Closed.
Step 1: Bleed the hydraulic system
The Leading Cause of this Condition is Trapped Air. In most cases, Bleeding the Hydraulic System will Resolve the Issue.
Bleed the Leveling System:
• On a Hard Level Surface, run the leveling jacks to full extension. Extend all jacks until they touch the ground. Using the DOWN▼ jack buttons, a little at a time, alternate extending the front jacks and the rear jacks. Try to lift the coach as evenly as possible to avoid undue stress. When the jacks get to full extension, the sound from the pump will change pitch. This means the pump is in bypass or over pressure relief mode.
Note: This Procedure will Lift the Unit Off The Wheels. Make Sure to Extend the Jacks Evenly to Avoid Damaging the Unit.
• One at a Time Press and Continue to hold each of the DOWN▼ jack buttons. Hold the button running the pump in bypass for 10 -15 seconds. Do this for all four jacks.
• Allow the Fluid in the reservoir tank to settle: 15 -20 minutes.
• Retract the Jacks. Use either the UP▲ jack buttons or the RETRACT ALL button.
• Once Retracted, one at a time press and continue to hold each of the UP▲ jack buttons. Hold the
button, running the pump in bypass for 10 -15 seconds. Do this for all four jacks. • Allow the Fluid in the reservoir tank to settle: 15 - 20 minutes.
• Repeat this Process.
Bleed the Slide-Out circuits.
• Fully Extend each Slide - Out.
• With the Slide - Out Fully Extended, continue to hold the extend button for 10 -15 seconds. • Allow the Fluid in the reservoir tank to settle: 15 - 20 minutes.
• Fully Retract each Slide - Out.
• With the Slide - Out Fully Retracted, continue to hold the retract button for 10 -15 seconds.