Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #1

It seems the local repair shop is incompetent or lazy when it comes to slide out adjustments. Took 6 weeks to get an appointment to adjust the slide out on an 07 Admiral with full wall slide, they were aware of the problem for 3 months and were aware as to the manner in which to fix the problem. The major point of the problem was the slide was dragging at the rear causing the rubber backing and plywood to get torn. Seems in all the Charlotte area there is not a single repair kit for the rollers to run on, or there's no metal fabricators that can cut a piece of stainless steel to cover the area. So my question to the enlightened ones is this; has anyone else had this slide issue and how did you get it fixed, please keep in mind the problem is covered by warranty. And to top it off they still have not adjusted the slide to prevent further dragging each time we bring in/let out the slide. Sorry for the rant, needed to get it off my chest.
jokers99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #2

It seems the local repair shop is incompetent or lazy when it comes to slide out adjustments. Took 6 weeks to get an appointment to adjust the slide out on an 07 Admiral with full wall slide, they were aware of the problem for 3 months and were aware as to the manner in which to fix the problem. The major point of the problem was the slide was dragging at the rear causing the rubber backing and plywood to get torn. Seems in all the Charlotte area there is not a single repair kit for the rollers to run on, or there's no metal fabricators that can cut a piece of stainless steel to cover the area. So my question to the enlightened ones is this; has anyone else had this slide issue and how did you get it fixed, please keep in mind the problem is covered by warranty. And to top it off they still have not adjusted the slide to prevent further dragging each time we bring in/let out the slide. Sorry for the rant, needed to get it off my chest.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear about problem, but if you are not getting service from your dealer why not schedule with Monaco in Fl, I would also use a piece of 1/8 aluminum, would be as good and weigh less. Monaco or HR parts has the rollers so why did the dealer not order whats needed?
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is really sad when you have trouble finding someone that is competent enough to adjust a slide out...but that is the way things are now. Adjusting one is not rocket science, but you do have to think a bit. Call the factory and ask them to recommend someone that can really do the work.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I feel your pain brother. I went round and round with Monaco and the dealer about a bedroom slide that was not adjusted properly. The dealer made it worse and Monaco was not much help when I decided to do it myself. They kept telling me to take it back to the dealer. 120 miles and 3 weeks and it comes back worse than before. I finally decided to do it myself. If I recall correctly the bedroom my slide is a Lippert (yours may be different) and there is lots of info on their site which helped me identify how to vertically adjust the slide.

http://www.lci1.com/

On the Monaco Yahoo Group there are several discussions about Monaco fix which includes a sheet of aluminum attached to the bottom of the slide to the roller to contact instead of the fiberglass bottom thus reducing the wear and tear on the slide.
You might also try to find a local tech that knows what he is doing and ask Monaco to approve him adjusting the slide. I am 120 miles from the bonehead dealer and Monaco approved the local tech to do quite a few repairs.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #6

The repair facility was recommended by Monaco and is on their list of authorized service providers. Why? That's the question since the repair facility knew the problem, they even gave us a copy of the repair instructions that were sent from Monaco. The instructions include the use of 1/8" stainless steel and 8 s/s screws and I would think adjusting the slide to keep it from dragging would be common mechanic knowledge. Maybe I'm a little nuts but if I've got a customer coming that needs a certain kit, I would want to make sure I've got that kit ready to go, esp. since I've got 6 weeks to get it in stock and the customer has to drive 40 mins to get to me and is a full timer. More ranting, I know. Thanks guys.