Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
That door comes off easy. I just checked the small screws holding the 2 alum tracks to the plywood and they are tight.
I do see a gray PVC coupler at the apex of the white drain hose joining the two pieces. I don't see a coupler in CatchinRays picture in post #1. Is the coupler factory?

Also, is the upper cubby hole behind the removable cabinet door a suitable place for storage?
Thanks
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #16

That spa hose is just to damned stiff. ours split and for a couple of trips we were dumping the sink out under the slide. I just happened to be outside when the DW drained it - and why was water coming out of that joint? It never ran to the inside so we could see it.

Beavers have a totally different setup and its really tough to work on. Impossible to replace the white spa hose, so a short visit to a spa store and we had the much more flexible corrugated stuff with the appropriate adapter fittings. I replaced it all in half the time it took me to get the white stuff out.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:00 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
On my 2003 HR Scepter they made the opening in the wall for the drain pipe too narrow by about one inch, when I brought the slide in the hard drain pipe was put in a bind, cracking the fitting and leaking at the wall. I had to enlarge the opening to make clearance for the drain pipe. It had been worked on by someone before I bought it and was not fixed. wish I had pic of it but coach is closed up right now. Trouble was factory error.
It would only bind when slide was brought in.
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:23 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Slide out catastrophe

Guess I've just been lucky 'cause I've never had any of the slide out problems relating to the stuff mentioned in any of the responses.
Hopefully my luck will continue to hold.
FMCA # F26083
fluffyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Vito, I don’t think your coupling is factor. Mine had no coupling originally, it does now because that was the easiest way to repair my hole.
asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Eternabond is holding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaceutah View Post
If it would be alright to ask my question in this thread...
I have the very same setup in my kitchen passenger slide. We rarely open this slide because it leaks badly, even after a 'professional' fix.
My question is asking for your opinion on my resolution to a slice hole I have discovered in the flex pipe right next to the top pvc connection. The flex pipe is the drain for the kitchen sink as described in this post earlier.

I cannot take it all apart to replace the flex (spa) pipe at this time. I have both silicone tape(ER Tape and Xtreme Tape) and Enternabond RV EMT RoofSealPlus tape.
I cannot get the tape AROUND the flex pipe due to the black plastic shield.
I thought I would apply the largest piece of Eternabond that I can side to side to seal the leak until I can get some help.
I have never used either material.
What do you think about this? Would Eternabond be the best solution for now.
Please see the attached photos.
Thank you for any input.

So far, the Eternabond seems to be holding for now. We have not opened the kitchen slide (passenger side) yet to verify it is still dry. But we do not see (or hear) evidence of water leaking out of the drain pipe while using the kitchen sink (trying to use a flashlight to see in there). The Eternabond tape on the white spa hose did crinkle a bit as the slide came in. We let it cure for 5 hours before bringing the slide in.
We also left the accordion door open and not attached to the pipe as it opens and closes.

I am hoping to find a place in Florida where we can get someone to help remove the split spa pipe and install a new spa(flex) pipe.
Our accordion door was opened by unscrewing a hook that had the two looped ends of a cable attached to it. The end panel of the cabinet does not pop off on a 2002 Dynasty.
Hope this helps..
Old 04-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Still not right

We paid a plumber to remove the old split white spa pipe. He used a more rigid flexible pipe. It looked great and appeared to operate normally.

After a month, we noticed it is now kinked. Still drains, but kinked nonetheless.

Could you please tell me if there is place online I can order a new SPA PIPE that will perform as good, or better, than the original?

I would appreciate it
Old 04-12-2019, 01:29 AM   #22

Quote:
We paid a plumber to remove the old split white spa pipe. He used a more rigid flexible pipe. It looked great and appeared to operate normally.

After a month, we noticed it is now kinked. Still drains, but kinked nonetheless.

Could you please tell me if there is place online I can order a new SPA PIPE that will perform as good, or better, than the original?

I would appreciate it

We had same or similar problem on our 2008 Beaver Marquis. Never had the problem with the protruding screws but did need to replace our hose with a spa type. You can get what you need by the foot in any Ace Hardware store, I got the connectors I used at Home Depot. Ace may have had them but I was already in HD. I’m not a plumber. You can do the fix yourself in less than an hour.
megehrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:37 AM   #23

Quote:

I would appreciate it
when we repaired our leaking spa hose we went with flexible PVC that was 1" instead of 1 1/2". It was easier to install, it makes the bend much easier, and we can't see any difference in the draining capability of our galley sink. Just a thought, it worked for us.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #24

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Been there as well.

Not to bad a repair really. I had to change all the pipe and just be carful on your length's. I had to go back in a shorten some of it cause the spa hose was punching the end cover out.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I have same question as Vito about the accordion door. We have different brand coaches but probably the same mechanicals as they were both built by Monaco.

I'd like to inspect this area too.

In the photo, the accordion is in the lower right corner below the pantry (this is not a photo of my coach - mine is similar though but different floorplan). Is this the same thing/place you are talking about?
I think I'll mosey out tomorrow and take a look. Meanwhile, Mike I am glad you posted the picture. Shows how much nicer the woodwork was in 2005 models compared to my 2006. I was always confused by people talking about how nice the cabinets were in the Beavers, mine are pretty ordinary. What a difference a model year made.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #26

After reading this post I wanted to check my plumbing also. I have been replacing Slide out rollers and since I was tearing into that project I thought I should have a look.
The only access to see the hoses on my 2000 Dynasty is through factory wall plate cover in the toilet room. I can see a kink in my white drain hose right at the floor where it connects to a hard line. Looks like maybe it has leaked slightly.

Unless I am really missing something I am going to need to cut another access hole in my toilet room wall to get to the hose to replace it. Even then it is going to be a tough job.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #27

When I return from my trip this will be the first thing I do, I have noticed for some time my white pipe from kitchen drain is kinked but is draining ok, the screws backing out is what worries me the most. Great information.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:13 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by megehrs View Post
We had same or similar problem on our 2008 Beaver Marquis. Never had the problem with the protruding screws but did need to replace our hose with a spa type. You can get what you need by the foot in any Ace Hardware store, I got the connectors I used at Home Depot. Ace may have had them but I was already in HD. I’m not a plumber. You can do the fix yourself in less than an hour.

This is great, megehrs! I really like Ace and will check them out as soon as we get into Sacramento. I am assuming that you have had zero issues with the new pipe you installed (as far as kinks, splitting, etc) from Ace Hardware?

Do you think I need to make it a bit shorter than the plumber did so that it will not tend to kink like the replacement pipe we paid to have installed?

Thank you for your input

Tags
cat, plumbing, slide