Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #1

Slide Out Pump

I have a Lippert Model 645263 slide out pump that has developed an ATF leak.
It doesn't leak when the slides are run in and out and I confirmed this when looking at the pump when my wife ran the slides in and out a few times. After sitting there is fluid around the base of the ump and in the area of where the reservoir is mounted to the pump.
My thinking is that either the gasket/O ring? that separates the tank from the pump has gone bad or maybe the pump needs to be rebuilt.
Has anyone had this situation and what was the process to get it fixed.
I have looked on the interwebs for a rebuild kit, but have come up short. If rebuilding is just replacing O rings, I think I can find what I need at a hydraulic shop or other source and still get the job done. I'm just not sure how big of a job it is.
Any suggestions or expertise is greatly appreciated.
Rustygold is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2021, 04:12 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Pretty common. Fluid gets past the seal, into motor!

If you do a search, there was a few threads a few years ago dealing with this issue.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #3

I have the exact same problem with a Lippert hydraulic motor in my 2007 Hitch Hiker. Leaks in the same place when I run the slides in or out. There is an o ring where the motor attaches to the reservoir - - - and after speaking with Lippert, they don't make it anymore. So they texted me a work around using Permatex Red silicone sealant. Have not done the repair yet but am taking it in on 2/10. I think you may need to take out the pump and I did not feel comfortable doing this considering all the connections. You may be able to measure the o-ring and find one at a hydraulic shop or auto parts store or there are sources on the internet who sell o-rings. Its also possible that the plastic reservoir could have a hairline crack but more than likely its the o=ring
Old 02-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #4

Thanks Wideglide an Thump-Boom, I don't have any qualms on taking the thing out and tearing into it. I like a challenge and am pretty confident that I can get her back and leak free. If I can't find a gasket or O ring I will try the Permatex route if need be.
Now I just have to wait for a warmer day to crawl under the MH and do some wrenching.
Thanks again guys. As usual the folks on this forum share their wealth of knowledge and have come through again.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:35 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
In 2009 Lippert told me my only option was to buy a new pump. Since then, Lippert has been more helpful.

So, back then I tore into the pump and replaced the failed $3.00 seal. Here is the post about how to seal a Lippert pump. Mine has a different part number than yours, but the instructions should be the same or very close when doing yours.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/lip...ent-60352.html

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:04 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There ya go ^^

I thought Harry had a thread on that repair!
Old 02-08-2021, 08:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
In 2009 Lippert told me my only option was to buy a new pump. Since then, Lippert has been more helpful.

So, back then I tore into the pump and replaced the failed $3.00 seal. Here is the post about how to seal a Lippert pump. Mine has a different part number than yours, but the instructions should be the same or very close when doing yours.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/lip...ent-60352.html
Good Morning Harry,
What a great write up on replacing the pump seal. Now I'm more than confident that I can get mine fixed.
I plan on having my laptop on the work bench with your post when I begin pump surgery.
Thanks again for blazing a trail and sharing your experience and expertise.

Dave

Tags
pump, slide, slide out