Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

Slide-out trim coming apart

I have a couple pictures here to see if anyone else has had this problem. The trim bead that the topper awning is attached too has been pulled out of its original bead. I checked to see if there was junk in the roller but it is clean. Can this be fixed by us owners or is there a special tool that a professional needs to do the work?
ken bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #2

Your pictures did not show up.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:53 PM   #3

I sent them, don't know where they went???????????
Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 PM   #4

tried again and pictures will not go through, anyway the bead that is pulled away from the coach is what hooks the roof to the side wall and the topper awning is attached to it so I think when we put the slide out that it pulled the bead off its rail. I don't know if it takes a special tool to put it back on or has any of you had this happen and how did you fix it?
Old 05-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken bauer View Post
I sent them, don't know where they went???????????
If you are trying to attach them to your post, it's a two part process: on the manage attachments window, you have to browse for your file(s), then before closing that window you need to click the "upload" button to actually attach them to the post. It's easy to miss that "upload" button.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #6

Ours just pulled apart also. The bead was still in the track, the stitching on the awning fabric let go. Either way you probably need an awning guy to look at it. Removing the fabric isn't difficult but it's under spring tension and you need to know what your doing.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
Ours just pulled apart also. The bead was still in the track, the stitching on the awning fabric let go. Either way you probably need an awning guy to look at it. Removing the fabric isn't difficult but it's under spring tension and you need to know what your doing.
A cotter key in the small hole on the right end of tube will keep it in place while you remove the fabric and have it resewn. I ran mine out 6 inches pulled fabric out all the way and put the pin in and took screws out that hold the plastic keeper into the channel. I was able to just pull the fabric out of both channels and get it resewn then got help to keep in line and slowly pull back onto the channels. A lot scarier than it really is. A canvas shop can sew it...
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
Ours just pulled apart also. The bead was still in the track, the stitching on the awning fabric let go.
Take a closer look. This is more likely what is happening.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #9

My topper awning did not rip it just pulled the bead off the rail, so I tried to push it back on to see if it would lock on but it would not so guess I will try a awning guy.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #10

NO, it is not the awning that came apart it is the band that goes around the whole top of the coach that is between the roof and the sidewall that pulled away from the coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide out broken 001.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	95604   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide out broken 002.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	95605  

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide out broken 003.jpg